commercial log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pthpd1999

Reaction score
hello name is dhru. patel
i am from north jersey NJ.(morris county)
i am in a process of buying a commercial log splitter and i have come to three diffrent kind of machine. here r my choices. if anyone can give me your best opinion i would very much appreciated before i buy anyone of this unit or if someone can recommand where else i can look for diffrent machine that also would be appreciated. here we go.
(1) this is the website All Wood Log Splitters - Commercial Log Splitters - Milan, MI i am looking at the ASH SERIES
(2) this is the website http://www americancls.com/ i am looking at THE BIG ONE AM-25-ST
(3) third site is called LOG PRO USA model 3037
and the last one of course timberwolf: home page model TW-6
i have to make a very difficult decision like within two to three day
now i i usually bring home pin oak/red oak/white oak/beach/hickory from work of course and it ranges from anywhere from 6 in. to all the way up to 4 ft. round green wood some r straight peice some with lots of knotty peice. i go through about 8 to 11 cord a year depanding on how bad the winter is. any help from all of you guys with lots of knowledge in a commercial grade log splitter will be appreciated. please free feel to email me if you like.
thank you very much
Dhru. Patel

I looked at the first splitter. Only link that worked for me. That baby looks nice to me. I've got a little dinky 20 ton splitter and that little bugger will split whatever you can get on it. So I think any of the splitters you are looking at will suit you just fine and dandy.

A lot of options to weigh, the choice is yours.

AA

I've seen the Allwood models...looks like a guy copying the timberwolf designs. I have an ancient tw-6. I have not been able to find a piece this machine couldn't split...and I've looked a lot! Outfeed table and a 4 way are must have options. Depending on how many 4' rounds you get, the log lift will save you $ in the long run (from having to pay the chiropractor).

Just bought a TW-5 this fall, been very pleased with it. It's had no problems destroying anything I've fed thru it.

I looked at the All Wood website, as they are 1 1/2 hours away, thought it would be nice to buy local.
The turn-off was the 4 way wedge design being so far behind the single wedge, in thier videos it looked like you always had to depend on the next log to finish the first.

Ed

gentalman thank u very much for your reply i think i am going to go with timberwolf TW-6 and i hope that i am making a right decision. all i can say is that TIME WILL TELL. thank you all for your input.

Check to see if there is a local source for the commercial splitter that you choose. Having a source of parts and a place to help solve any problems is always helpful.

While you are looking, check out the Iron and Oak commercial splitters. They are similar to the TW splitters and handle wood far beyond their stated ratings. A 30 ton commercial unit will outperform any big-box splitter with the same ratings.

I test ran the Iron and Oak 22 ton fast commercial splitter and it split anything. I ended up with the 30 ton version which is a bit slower but would handle large rounds easier.

Go with the log lift on whatever splitter you choose! A decent commercial splitter's log lift will move just about anything that you manage to roll onto it. I have had zero problems handling 3' red oak rounds with my unit.

Also come up with a plan for moving the split wood from the front of the splitter. It builds up very fast with these capable machines. I've found that dropping the split wood into a front loader's bucket helps speed up removal, but I'm more limited by "stacking time" than "splitting time".

Lou Braun

splitter

good pick on the tw6 my 3rd tw and very happy the log lift is the best part no back pains and if you get the auto cycle its great good luck on your new splitter give the cutting edge a call for best price

As far as dealer service goes on the TW....the honda engine anyone can handle. TSC for everything else. Not much to them to go wrong and if something does, most parts are off the shelf stuff.

Back