Competitor stealing lawn signs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a guy who looked like John Denver walking down the street with a sign.
I said howdy, and he tipped his leather hat in my direction.
Looked to me like he was picking up trash.

:ices_rofl:

just paint the edges of the sign with pine tar or pitch!!!! that will be a good one for him to deal with........lolol

Put down the wine cooler John. :)

red_page.jpg

2 a day, per doctors orders. ;)

BTW, who's coming to MKE for the TCIA shindig in NOV? We have beer everywhere her, the park, the fair, in the convention hall. At the last ISA show, people freaked that the nuns at St. Mary's were selling it to the TCC spectators. :laugh:

Last edited:
Ohhhhhh John, you have great taste in beer. My brother in law use to be a tour guide at Leinies and I pounded cases of Red bottles at a healthy discount of course. Nice. Everytime my uncle from Texas comes up he drinks it and leaves with a few cases.:givebeer: :cheers: :agree2:

just paint the edges of the sign with pine tar or pitch!!!! that will be a good one for him to deal with........lolol

I was thinking of a high voltage underground wire connected to the metal frame :) . And videotaping it, now that would be cool. I put out three more around town yesterday (at jobs to do), I'll see how many survived today-things aint cheep, 25 bucks a pop. That fat :censored: !

Did you ever find out who was stealing your signs? I had three of them and they all came up missing, it took three years.

I looked at your started threads. God, im bored, I need to find somthing to do!

Funny, ours only last a few days. There is a local slob who has failed at everything he has tried and figured it was time to become a tree guy and beat down prices some while he destroys yards and smashes houses. We lose signs every day, it is what it is. This guy lost two signs, flipped out and told everyone in town he thought we were stealing them, spent a few hundred dollars on the best night vision game camera he could afford without cutting too much into his crack habit… set the thing up and his sign was stolen that first night… the dope forgot to put the SD card in the camera. He put out another sign and he got some great pictures of a guy in a black hoodie stealing his sign… he was pissed:mad2:, told everyone who would listen.
I would love to catch one of the guy stealing our signs, we have a good idea who one of them is. A disgruntled employee of one of our competitors, told us the owner has a closet full of them.

Ya, this kinda stuff ticks me off, but over the years you just kinda learn to live with it. There have been times when I would say to call up one that I think that took them and act like a customer and tell them to cut a tree down and just put the bill in the mail box. I would never do it, but it gave us some laughs thinking about it.

Ya, this kinda stuff ticks me off, but over the years you just kinda learn to live with it. There have been times when I would say to call up one that I think that took them and act like a customer and tell them to cut a tree down and just put the bill in the mail box. I would never do it, but it gave us some laughs thinking about it.

If I was closer to MDS I would steal all his signs too , then put on a mask and make a video of me running them through my chipper , LOL I always wanted to make stickers with my phone number on it and stick them on all the signs I see , so you think your calling JOE BLOW tree service but it dials my number ! That would be priceless!

I think the guy from the tree shop next door stole one of my lawn signs- it just happened to be strategically placed so he can see it on his ride into work. Is there some sort of wireless vidio camera that I could put on the nearby telephone pole to catch his fat a$$ I wonder?? That would be fun, lol. About 14 years ago I used to work for this fat pig. I figure if I could catch him I can send him a bill-either that or put his fat a$$ on u tube stealing a sign complete with love handles flabbing about, lol. Seriously though, it would only need a day or two battery life. Any help would be greatly appriciated, thanks in advance MDS.

Sure you weren't just drunk and forgot where you put it? Lol... Another vote for game cam

Leveling the playing field

I had stickers made with my phone number on that I just put over their's, but only if I know that company took mine! Lol:msp_biggrin:

I think the guy from the tree shop next door stole one of my lawn signs- it just happened to be strategically placed so he can see it on his ride into work. Is there some sort of wireless vidio camera that I could put on the nearby telephone pole to catch his fat a$$ I wonder?? That would be fun, lol. About 14 years ago I used to work for this fat pig. I figure if I could catch him I can send him a bill-either that or put his fat a$$ on u tube stealing a sign complete with love handles flabbing about, lol. Seriously though, it would only need a day or two battery life. Any help would be greatly appriciated, thanks in advance MDS.

I've done it. Wont stop till theyre all gone either.

Whats with all the advice about cameras? Just write a message in very small print at the bottom that you are partial to rocky mountain oysters fried in beer batter, and you are fresh out of oysters:msp_biggrin:.

Yeah know what I say

[video=youtube;J_y_tQMtnYo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_y_tQMtnYo[/video]

Whats with all the advice about cameras? Just write a message in very small print at the bottom that you are partial to rocky mountain oysters fried in beer batter, and you are fresh out of oysters:msp_biggrin:.

OK, it would make more sense if you wrote: "To the guy stealing my signs..."

Back