complainers... add your stories

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sell bundled firewood most of my customers are old people. They wantme to set and listen while they complain about some wood chucked that cheated them with wet wood short of what they pay for I tell them I dont mike or drink but they think I need to drink a beer with them and then drive 20 miles home. One beer gets me drunk. One lady told me about the firewood man befor me he backed up in my garage he couldn't turn the truck of because it wouldn't start and it smoke to high heaven and he stunk to high heavier and he still had breakfast in his beard. I told her I was sorry but they are my low life owns people and that is southern Illinois for you. She said she glad I ain't that way she said scary. (later)

I forgot she said they spit tobacco juice all over her garage floor I forgot abou that she paid me $60.00 to mop itupfor with my first delivery of bundled wood 30 bundled $7.50 a bundle (later)

I have a guy who buys a few cords from me every year, and every year he complains. Sometimes he says the wood burns too fast and others he says it won't burn. It has gotten to the point where I joke with him about what he's going to complain about. He still buys every year and I always tell him he can shop around.

Considering it is only November and I am sold out, I don't worry about complainers or losing them as customers.

i've been selling wood for years but just started doing it full force this year. i've had a few complaints about moisture content already but the wood always burns just fine. i tell them politely that a small time guy like myself does not have to room to store and season wood so i pull seasoned wood out of the woods as i go. there are alot of cut blocks i cut in that are just full of wood that has been sitting upwards of 6 years. crispy dry in the summer but surface wet in the winter. i then tell them that they aren't actually buying wood from me LOL you should see their faces when i say that :laugh:. i tell them that they are actually paying me to go get wood for them and i do my very best the find the best wood i can for them. once i tell a customer this they are usually real chill about it. they like that i also am strict about making sure they get the cord value they ordered. i had one new customer a few days ago who i dropped 2 cords off to say he couldn't believe how much wood i unloaded. i told him "well, that's a legit 2 cord load right there". he then explained how the guy who usually sells him wood was a real nice young man :rolleyes:. after a bit of discussion he agreed that the young man was ripping him off delivering by the short box truck load calling it a cord!!!!!!!! i told him he was getting more like a rick LOL he didn't even know what a "rick" was.

Yes I live in a area where short loads are a norm. I only sell bundled wood. I am glad I stop selling bulk wood. Those shorters has put the hurts on real wood seller. That's life

I had a lady know as year demand I go back to clean up the mess.

If was a load my hired hand delivered. A good worker, but my first thought is he didn't scrape out all the junk a that falls in with the wood.

Out of 2 cords I sold her she had about 2 5 gal buckets of bark and "toothpicks" as she called it.

Wanted me to drive 100 miles round trip to pick that up.

The year before I cleared out some racks at home of 2-3 yr old wood. Had a lady call after deliver complaining the wood was UGLY because it some pieces were gray and weathered.

8 only do dundled firewoodso iI have make it look pretty so I have a lot of ugle knots out of a cord about a rank is waste so I sell it to 10 lady's that live in 5 houses they love that stuff I deliver them 5 to 6 ton every 2 weeks they like gum because its Duffy they say I dump and go my wife send them a bill. When they come out to get it they little short on clothing.

A few weeks ago I sold a woman a cord of very dead Ash for $200 delivered 4 miles from my home. Apparently she gave my number to some Richard Cranium who demanded the same deal. Not gonna happen with that attitude! The only reason the woman got the good deal was that stack of wood was in my way and needed to be moved.

The wood I sell those ten lady's is $35.00 a rank or so it was land fill it keeps my yard looking nice. You have to do what you have to I was short on space but I just bought 6 acres. The money I get from them gals I buy grave for fill now wood is not very good fill

Don't ever try to sell weathered ugly gray wood to old ladies ! They want the pretty fresh cut stuff with the leaves still attached

My bundles have to be 16 inch's long strait grained wrapped in color stritch wrap with pictures of there dogs or cats but they pay dearly for it.

Back