compression testing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[QUOTEgot"HarleyT, post: 5110218, member: 127087"]But one thing the original poster should know, a compression gauge won't work on most of those old Pioneers, if that is what he is asking for. What models do you have?[/QUOTE]
Hi, I got a few saws Iel ra,s -620 pioneer, 970 holiday ll , homelite xl 12, c-51 ,Allen Bradley, husqvarna 353. so tell me why the comp. tester won't work ? I just ordered one. Its a vintage sears unit.

[QUOrf255, post: 5109246, member: 126014"]Ouch.

My 066 rips the handle out of my hand without the decomp valve deployed. And that's with stock 160 psi compression.[/QUOTE]
Your signature picture my goodness, I wanna work on the farm!

Most of the Allen Bradley equipment have been PLC controllers and I am doubtful the electricians install those. I wonder what 30 years of fumes does to ya. :eek:

RJ, Allen-Bradley makes any kind of electrical and process management 'device' known even to this day. I believe they are owned by Rockwell and programmable logic may be their bread and butter. Electricians install the bulk of PLC's no kidding. Visit a power station or a modern sawmill. What's right is right.

Neal, quit trying to make every newcomer look stupid. We have vast backgrounds and you could learn something valuable that would help with your sales career. A better attitude toward folks would go a long way, too.

Just a wake up call, angelo. I think Neal's temperament gets out ahead of his better judgement sometimes. Happens to us all. I just get tired of bullies and smart asses. If a site sponsor really thinks another member inhibits the flow of information around here, he's entitled to pipe up. But that don't change the laws of physics.

Clock,
I'm gonna be honest here with you. Murph really doesn't start much trouble unless provoked. He, I and about 95% or the posters here are betting you are the latest version of in the infamous "brush ape" so we are just waiting for you to show your true colors or "ape hairs".
If you are the newest "ape" well then good for you on getting a fresh IP address. If you are not you're gonna have a challenge proving it. Your intonation and speech inflection is telling us all you are just trying to continue the ape tradition of irritation beyond normal tolerances.
either way,
Merry Christmas

[QUOTEgot"HarleyT, post: 5110218, member: 127087"]But one thing the original poster should know, a compression gauge won't work on most of those old Pioneers, if that is what he is asking for. What models do you have?
Hi, I got a few saws Iel ra,s -620 pioneer, 970 holiday ll , homelite xl 12, c-51 ,Allen Bradley, husqvarna 353. so tell me why the comp. tester won't work ? I just ordered one. Its a vintage sears unit.[/QUOTE]
Many of the Pioneers had an automatic compression release. And in my opinion, if you disabled the compression release, you
would put too much stress on the starter gear mechanism.

Hi, I got a few saws Iel ra,s -620 pioneer, 970 holiday ll , homelite xl 12, c-51 ,Allen Bradley, husqvarna 353. so tell me why the comp. tester won't work ? I just ordered one. Its a vintage sears unit.
Many of the Pioneers had an automatic compression release. And in my opinion, if you disabled the compression release, you
would put too much stress on the starter gear mechanism.[/QUOTE]
There's no compression release on these oldies that's why they have fat pull cords

RJ, Allen-Bradley makes any kind of electrical and process management 'device' known even to this day. I believe they are owned by Rockwell and programmable logic may be their bread and butter. Electricians install the bulk of PLC's no kidding. Visit a power station or a modern sawmill. What's right is right.

Neal, quit trying to make every newcomer look stupid. We have vast backgrounds and you could learn something valuable that would help with your sales career. A better attitude toward folks would go a long way, too.

Dont think Neal needs any help..

Clock,
I'm gonna be honest here with you. Murph really doesn't start much trouble unless provoked. He, I and about 95% or the posters here are betting you are the latest version of in the infamous "brush ape" so we are just waiting for you to show your true colors or "ape hairs".
If you are the newest "ape" well then good for you on getting a fresh IP address. If you are not you're gonna have a challenge proving it. Your intonation and speech inflection is telling us all you are just trying to continue the ape tradition of irritation beyond normal tolerances.
either way,
Merry Christmas
And a Happy New year my friend. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back