Compression

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
New member and first post. I have a husqvarna 350 that only reads 100lb when I do a test. The saw is 7yrs old but runs good. Will just installing a new ring improve the compression on it.

If it's only 100.... it will be real dificult to start, and run like a pig.. if it isn't ("runs good"), then look at your compression tester...

AKDriveSprocket

AKDriveSprocket

ArboristSite Guru
My gauges must be off. I tried two of them both on the same hose with a schrader valve on it just to see, but it was just acouple LB off between the two gauges. The saw runs great. I have not taken the saw apart yet to take any pics.

rxe

ArboristSite Guru
I've got a question on compression testing. I use an automotive tester, and when I pull on the cord, the first compression stoke produces about 90 PSI on the dial, but by the end of the cord, I'm up at (say) 150.

I'm guessing that the final reading is the correct one...and that the saw is just struggling to pressurize a tester designed for a car engine.

Is this correct?