Confused about Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverBox

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So I called the closest Dolmar dealer and asked him what the price was for a 7900 and he put me on hold for 4-5 min. came back and said that dolmar changed them around so often I would have to call dolmar, but I can't find the contact info for dolmar as it says on the dolmar website:

"DOLMAR offers their products worldwide through a selected network of specialized dealers. To ensure best sales and aftermarket service we do not sell directly to endusers."

I asked the dolmar dealer what saw he had in stock and he said a 420 for $299 which seemed reasonable, but thats not the saw i'm interested in...

So should I just call the dealer back and tell him dolmar said for him to sell me the 7900 for 2 bucks??? :chainsaw: :dizzy:

??????????????

I believe I would contact Dolmar and let them know you were trying to buy one of their top end saws and their dealer couldn't get his head out of..................the clouds enough to quote you a price!!!!!

That's absolutely rediculous...Dolmar itself has nothing to do with that. (Dealers buy through a distribution network, not directly from Dolmar).
I would contact Dolmar and find out which distributor serves him, or check out this map:
http://www.dolmarpowerproducts.com/contact/distributor_information/

Call the number, give the distributor the dealer's info and tell them that he doesn't know how much a PS-7900 sells for.

That's absolutely rediculous...Dolmar itself has nothing to do with that. (Dealers buy through a distribution network, not directly from Dolmar).
I would contact Dolmar and find out which distributor serves him, or check out this map:
http://www.dolmarpowerproducts.com/contact/distributor_information/

Call the number, give the distributor the dealer's info and tell them that he doesn't know how much a PS-7900 sells for.

I called that number and they said a 7900 is $749 powerhead only..

Then I called a dolmar dealer one county over and he said after I said I've seen 7900s with 20" bar (at amick) online for 699, that he could sell me the 7900 for $749 w/20" bar..

Should it be this difficult to buy a saw??

I called that number and they said a 7900 is $749 powerhead only..

Then I called a dolmar dealer one county over and he said after I said I've seen 7900s with 20" bar (at amick) online for 699, that he could sell me the 7900 for $749 w/20" bar..

Should it be this difficult to buy a saw??

$749 is not too far out of range, not everyone can sell them for $699. Our price is $729 with whatever bar you want up to 28". (Sorry, we don't ship new saws).

I just call my dealer and tell him what combo and how many saws I want and there all tested and ready when I get there....He gives me a great price and thats why he sells alot to me....:cheers: :cheers:

I'm half way tempted to just order a solo 681 from bailey's just so I won't have to monkey around with this dealer only sales of new saws policy of dolmars.. I really don't want to have to drive an hour, order a saw, drive home. wait 2 weeks. drive back and hour, get the saw, drive home an hour... 4 hours of travel time + sales tax + $50 bucks overpriced...

GO DEALER ONLY SALES!!!

From what I understand a solo 681 is basically the same saw as a dolmar 7900, correct??

I'm half way tempted to just order a solo 681 from bailey's just so I won't have to monkey around with this dealer only sales of new saws policy of dolmars.. I really don't want to have to drive an hour, order a saw, drive home. wait 2 weeks. drive back and hour, get the saw, drive home an hour... 4 hours of travel time + sales tax + $50 bucks overpriced...

GO DEALER ONLY SALES!!!

From what I understand a solo 681 is basically the same saw as a dolmar 7900, correct??

Solo 681 is too spendy plus who stocks parts for them ??........7900 is more bang for the buck...

solo 681 from baileys 699.. no tax.. + ~60 for 20" b/c total out of pocket 760.. no travel time.. edit: just checked I do have to pay tax and $13 for shipping. so more like 825 out of pocket, but still no travel time.

dolmar 7900 w/ 20" b/c = 749 + 60 tax = 810 out of pocket and 4 hours travel time + will take longer to get the saw...

solo 681 is cheaper for me..

Someone find me a dolmar 7900 new from the dealer who has it in stock in the sacramento area for less then 800 after tax and I'll be happy to buy it.

I just don't see how it makes sense for me to get the 7900 when the solo is cheaper and more convienent to order..

Last edited:
solo 681 from baileys 699.. no tax.. + ~60 for 20" b/c total out of pocket 760.. no travel time.. edit: just checked I do have to pay tax and $13 for shipping. so more like 825 out of pocket, but still no travel time.

dolmar 7900 w/ 20" b/c = 749 + 60 tax = 810 out of pocket and 4 hours travel time + will take longer to get the saw...

solo 681 is cheaper for me..

Someone find me a dolmar 7900 new from the dealer who has it in stock in the sacramento area for less then 800 after tax and I'll be happy to buy it.

I just don't see how it makes sense for me to get the 7900 when the solo is cheaper and more convienent to order..

I can't sell you a new dolmar BUT I do have a demo 681 I want to unload with a 20" B&C for get this $681 Shipped to your addy.

Scott

Latest posts

Back