Confused about Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I called the closest Dolmar dealer and asked him what the price was for a 7900 and he put me on hold for 4-5 min. came back and said that dolmar changed them around so often I would have to call dolmar, but I can't find the contact info for dolmar as it says on the dolmar website:

"DOLMAR offers their products worldwide through a selected network of specialized dealers. To ensure best sales and aftermarket service we do not sell directly to endusers."

I asked the dolmar dealer what saw he had in stock and he said a 420 for $299 which seemed reasonable, but thats not the saw i'm interested in...

So should I just call the dealer back and tell him dolmar said for him to sell me the 7900 for 2 bucks??? :chainsaw: :dizzy:

??????????????

At that point, my decision to buy anything from this guy would have disappeared. If he can't manage a price I'm sure he couldn't provide service either. what a joke!!.........Robb

In my case, it was a retired Husky dealer who sold his large OPE shop about ten years ago, got bored, and then opened a Dolmar dealership in a shed next to his house five years ago. He built the biggest local OPE shop from scratch in his younger days because he's a good dealer, and he runs a good small shop now.

I wouldn't own my Dolmar if it wasn't for him.

I think thats the whole point. Most of the big saw brands are quality stuff. It comes down to how far you have to go to get GOOD service. I'm afraid that in most cases, Stihl wins that battle. I'm lucky because there are several very good stihl and husqvarna service shops very close to me. I'm sure there is a dolmar shop somewhere around but not nearly in the same numbers as the others. Robb

something very similar happen to me as well.. I went to my local Dolmar dealer who is only 2 miles away from my house. I went to price a 5100s saw. He showed me a 510 saw he had in stock, but when I said I wanted a 5100s saw he had a puzzled look on his face. He then went on to say that the 510 replaced the 5100s and they no longer made the 5100s.

I just walked out and came here to the AS sight and started asking questions. I found out this guy didn't know what he was talking about.

I found another dealer 30 miles away so I called him and he knew just what I wanted. I drove out of my way just to get this saw from him and I would do it again. I will not even go to my local Dolmar dealer just 2 miles away even just for oil. I just don't trust him...

Latest posts

Back