confused

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
and it aint hard to to confuse me.
i just listed my saws on the auction site. and searching chainsaw dont pull them up. i finally found them in other saw.
dang i dont know what im doing over there. did every thing best i know how ,but they sure not in the main listing of chainsaws.little frustrating.if any body got a simple procedure to follow,id appreciate it ,as im really hurtin from the drought.
i try to go by ebay instructions and it just gets confusing.like i say not hard to do,but im a happy man so ill excuse myself for that.some people not smart enough to figure out what it takes for that. well any help appreciated.:)

Dont worry about what you have it listed under.You have all the correct words in the header,Stihl,Chainsaw,Chain Saw.Most people will do a search for those three words.
Once you get back on your feet again,you might want to look for a digital camera,items usually bring more money if people can see them.
It rained here in Pa. all day yesterday,I hope its the end of the drought.Its also cold and damp,I built fire in my outside furnace,making sure its still working after sitting all summer.
The town reservoir is almost dry,cant wash your car,water your lawn.My wife is pissed at me,I watered her flowers,when she asked me what I used to water them,I told her it was recycled coffee.Right away she was pissed,go figure!
Later
Dan

Before I found the chainsaw section on ebay, I would do a word search under "chainsaw" and "chain saw". Once I found the chainsw section, I would usually only look at the newest 2 pages and then do a word search for stihl, homelite, poulan, etc. I don't know if everybody does it this way, but I'm sure that others use these or similar tactics.
I think you're pretty well covered with the word "stihl" in the titles of all of your auctions. Best of luck selling the rest of your saws.

John C.

Send me an email with your auction and I will see if I can help you out any.

You definitely need to get with a friend that has a digital camera. I usually wont bid on a saw without a pic unless its real cheap.

No one shops by category anymore

u guys are rite about the pictures.
there just working used saws ,but they do what they supposed to. rite now i guess their just on my word. but i try to keep that better than a contract.
still if im gonna sell on ebay ill need to do the pictures sooneror later. huskyman
what i sent u ,i dont think was what u had in mind. mabe my wife can show me how to paste the auctions to an email . if so ill do it.thanks again fellas . mabe i can help yaw sometime an u know i will if i can. put that in the bank.tony

email should be there . if not ill send another. i sent it thru this sites email.
yea man i need good brothers.
every body does. thanks
ps. the supers already gone so i didnt send that number.

363 chain saws listed . my items was listed stihl 028 chain saw chainsaw.
ill be darn if i can find them in that list.
its my problem so not whining,and i am getting bids . just think i did somethin that caused the bigger part of the shoppers to not be able to see my saws.
ill figure out somethin.i emailed ebay but they still not on that list. well thanks for the help ,its my problem,and ill just have to learn the ropes. thanks anyway.
its no life altering thing.:) when i find out what i did wrong i wont even kick myself ,much.. gotta be some simple misstake
on my pt.

roger on all three. dang nobody else has trouble finding them but me. its comical.
u gotta see the humor here. im laughing to keep from crying.:D :D

hey huskyman ,im finding all of them listed where im looking now. did u do that.
if so u the man. ill owe u brother. later now. who is this masked husky man.
could be the lone ranger ,disguised as clark kent. oops got my tv heroes mixed up.:D :)

Tony,

I was using a decent digital camera that cost about $350. I was using it on the lowest resolution setting so I could get a fast loading picture on ebay. I hate having to sit and wait for pics to load. I assume most other people are still on modems and have the same problem. The camera was not mine so I decided I need to buy one this summer. I rarely ever buy the cheapest of any item but in this case I figured sine I only need a low res picture I would get a cheap camera. I went to the worst store in the USA which is Wal-Mart. Their cheapest one was $50 and the next was $200. The others went up from there. I bought the $50 camera. It is not as user-friendly as the camera that I had been using but it did work. It takes decent pictures and for $50 it is hard to beat. I have went on for quite awhile here so I will wrap it up. If you are only going to use the camera for ebay the $50 one will get the job done. If you want better pictures go with a $350 one. I am NO EXPERT on digital cameras. It is amazing how much knowledge and skill is on this website when it comes to digital cameras. I have your 028 on my watch list. I may end up with it.

Thanks,
Bill

Originally posted by tony marks
hey huskyman ,im finding all of them listed where im looking now. did u do that.
if so u the man. ill owe u brother. later now. who is this masked husky man.
could be the lone ranger ,disguised as clark kent. oops got my tv heroes mixed up.:D :)

Tony as much as I'd like to I cant take credit for that. You did it right. It takes Ebay a certain amount of time to get the item into the category, say a couple of hours. Good luck on the auction. Maybe I will put in some bids and run it up a little:eek:

oh well . an honest man. thanks anyway bud and my email offer stands. if u got it . no need to reply unless u looking for something now.tm

hey Tony, glad to see your auctions are up and running. Sorry to hear about the circumstances. For future reference, Tony, you can take a photograph to Wal-Mart, from a regular camera (35mm, etc.) at least in these parts, and scan it, or digitize it. There's a little box by the photo dept. counter that does some different things...I don't know what really, the only thing I used it for was to scan a few pics. Anyway take a 3.5 disk with you, find that little box and follow directions. It didn't cost anything... well I didn't pay anything. Really never saw a request for payment. Here's one

um un that bait smell so good:D
appreciate the tip mike.well let me go
add up all my eggs an see how many
chickens im gonna have.gotto say im encouraged . looks like i may get what i wanted out o my saws . on top o that its been raining off an on down here all wk..
.:) no way i can make up the losses as this drought lasted thru my prime earning time. at least we headed in the right direction tho. let me just say again ,i appreciate all u fellas encouragement and help. tony

Latest posts

Back