Considering hiring a firewood processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to compliment you on your set-up too.

Have you tried doing an exchange with help splitting wood? Try craigslist for a helper whose payment would be split wood that they would haul home. Throw a couple pictures of your set-up on there and I think people would be all about helping you with the grunt work.

Oh forgot,

A GTG would be a great idea at your place because you are centrally located between WI, IA, IN, KY, maybe even MS. But how about waiting till a little deeper into winter after deer season? I have wanted to go to a GTG, but too busy cutting my firewood supply to go.

Rleonard;2513635 I just need to hire some illegal aliens to cue the wood to me at the splitter and stack! [/QUOTE said:
No offense, I loved the post until I read this. There are plenty of LEGAL AMERICANS that would be willing to help you. If you were closer, I would be one. There are plenty of people that don't just want work, they NEED work. Give them a fair chance first.

In twelve years, I have no problem finding legal help when I need it, I would turn down the job before I would have an illegal on board.

For two years, I have charged $40 and hour for me and my TW-5 to split firewood on site. I don't charge travel time, as I enjoy doing it on the weekends. For a larger job like this, I would charge even less. I encourage you to use CL and find someone legal.

Last edited:
I'll take a stab in the dark here but I [nmho] think he's was joking about the 'workers".

hope this doesn't get off track i am wondering about a processer my self.

rusty

BPS, lighten up a bit. I have no intent on hiring an illegal alien. Pardon the cynicism after watching a couple of episodes of "Border Wars"

Bob

Nice Looking Setup. I have similar, but in order to be more portable, I split with the splitter Horizontal, and I have a close couple hitch on the splitter to pull the Elevator. Then the elevator is driven by a Hydraulic Motor, operated from the splitter's Pump. Move the truck, and the whole splitter Elevator rig follows along!

Nice Looking Setup. I have similar, but in order to be more portable, I split with the splitter Horizontal, and I have a close couple hitch on the splitter to pull the Elevator. Then the elevator is driven by a Hydraulic Motor, operated from the splitter's Pump. Move the truck, and the whole splitter Elevator rig follows along!

You now have to supply us with pictures of your setup.

I Know, But I Don't have any pics! I will try to remember to take the Camera with me this weekend, if weather allows me to go cut.

Back