Cookie cutting shootout Dolmar ps 6100 vs stihl 056 super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't surprise me a bit,those older stihl were very slow.
Yes but you can stand on that old 056 super. It did surprise me a bit. I thought the 6100 would have its hands full in comparison.

That 056 has torque to spare, one can notice it barely drops rms when You dog her down.
The 6100 features higher rpm's but bogs down when dogged down.
You might have gotten a few seconds on the 6100 if You had made a straight cut applying pressure to the front handle only.
Nice comparison clip! :)

If You had a PS-7900 neither the 6100 nor 056 would see much use! :chainsaw:
You might pick up the 6100 for limbing, but You wouldn't like it for bucking no more. ;)

The Magnum II went to 8 tooth sprocket for the reason of too much torque not enough chain speed
(has 56 mm over the super having a 54MM cylinder)
By having an 8 tooth vs supers 7 tooth would show an improvement on cut speed
One of my Mags was down to 140 psi compression I never gave it a thought how slow it had become..
Put bot saws in a bigger cut for a cookie comparison. Then put a longer bar and compare etc.
But D O NOT put them on the Scale
The 056 will not have a chance..

I see two nice saws. I see u got a full wrap for the 6100. Do you like it? That bar looks sweet!!
I like the wrap. Went out and fell 6 tree's yesterday and it sure does come in handy. A bit to get used to and the bar nuts are an extra tool until I modify a screench. Thanks for joining the thread nnero I have not seen you much lately. How are you doing?

I like the wrap. Went out and fell 6 tree's yesterday and it sure does come in handy. A bit to get used to and the bar nuts are an extra tool until I modify a screench. Thanks for joining the thread nnero I have not seen you much lately. How are you doing?

Im glad you like it, I just keep a 13mm open wrench with the scrench for now. Ive been busy trying to get a Pioneer P-41 finished for a co-worker. Hes been borrowing my 7900 in the meantime and I want it back lol. I think he wants to keep it! Haha

Back