Cool picture

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6772b62105a792302d28d77714ed0a52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a part of an unknown brand 2-cycle engine cutaway I bought at an auction. I'll try to get a pic of it soon. Not nearly as cool as the Jonsered though. Anyone know it's model? Kind of resembles a 49SP but I don't think it is one. Air filter is different.

-Burky (via tapatalk)

I had to google and found a couple more.

356791afb71e113f23c9b8e3b0bfad00.jpg this looks like maybe a husky?

SoloTwinS-3.jpg this one is a 2 cylinder, interesting. Who would have made a 2 cylinder 2 cycle saw? I've never seen one myself. Anyone else here on AS have one or seen one run?

I've seen the John Deere version of the Echo twin back in the 1990s. I've wanted one of them ever since. They were hard to get parts for (as I recall).

-Burky (via tapatalk)

I've always liked cutaways of equipment. I did my own much simpler one of an old Poulan clamshell, which really helped to understand what was going on with how the porting works. I know @Philbert did one too.
IMG_5814-1024.jpg

These whole-saw cutaways are much cooler though.

The full cut away saw is very cool, but much more complex! Do you show the flywheel or the clutch? Some things are only on one side.

Here is a cheap Homelite that I sectioned after seeing the one @Chris-PA showed. It seems to lack compression, but it is missing the ring . . .
IMG_4749.JPG
IMG_4748.JPG

Philbert

PS - I believe that Solo also made a 2 cylinder chainsaw.

The full cut away saw is very cool, but much more complex! Do you show the flywheel or the clutch? Some things are only on one side.

Here is a cheap Homelite that I sectioned after seeing the one @Chris-PA showed. It seems to lack compression, but it is missing the ring . . .
View attachment 562295
View attachment 562294

Philbert

PS - I believe that Solo also made a 2 cylinder chainsaw.
Was that a 46cc saw? When I see that cutaway it makes me want to see what I can get out of one of those. Except for that con rod that is - that reminds me of the Stihl design. Nonetheless if the rod holds together I bet it could be made to run pretty well.

The John Deere and Echo twins were opposed. One cylinder to the front and the other to the back. Horizontal cylinders

-Burky (via tapatalk)

The cutaways you guys made are cool as well. I've always like cutaway engines and such. Really gives a good look inside while the parts are in place and in motion as well.

Back