cotton wood pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uma justa kiddin dan. lol it does make a good photo:popcorn:

notice how the boots fold up around the spurs:cry:u sure have a lot of stuff on yer belt fer a crane job. i guess u send a second man up ta carry the rest of the gear on a manual tdk? whada u stupid er smptin?

My Red wings did the same thing after a week. Now anything else I would say to you would sound like " Go get my stuff and put it next to that tree." Or " No, this is my lighter." That's it.

Telling me anything about being nuts, stupid, egotestical, or just a plain jackarse would be like telling the Pope he is Catholic. Obviously I am not Catholic, but the seem like nice folk.

treejob_057.jpg

Gee dan wouldnt it be easyer to pull some of that gear up a rope.....ya gota have somone below to help? dont ya:monkey: lol

Last edited:
Gee dan wouldnt it be easyer to pull some of that gear up a rope.....ya gota have somone below to help? dont ya:monkey: lol

Yes, there is hopefully someone there to below me but I made an explanation earlier and it turned into a freaking awesome photo oppurtunity if I do say so myself. Here just look...

treejob_065.jpg

Now look, The Dan is a humble man, I had no idea the camera was running, I was just taking it down.
A comment was made about my boots bending over on my spurs? Well, what can I say but I am not in one place long enough for it to really matter BUT if I am I usually start complaining about it to whoever is looking at me through that camera.
Lucky, there were many pawns that day and I really was treated like the princess I truly am.
Really though I play safe but only if needed... I am happy to have nice pics and thank you all for yours. So can I have June or what? I don't do a lot of skin and I would have to charge for that.
I have not had any technical work on cranes in a few years. I started as a tip tie-er and got my feet wet from there. I feel just peachey about letting my doubled rope heat up my figure 8. I like to toss it to the first bare handed guy I see. I often use the reverse footlock technique to desend. I went down from 120 hooked to the rear D-ring. I don't usually back it up but that's improper. Twice came to close to wires: During a storm at night and once from the operator blipping the wrong toggle on the remote. So I cooled it from there. To many guys bid on these jobs with the wrong expectations, don't take time to really see if it can be done. Then you have the guys who don't want the thing out even if it would make your day.
What worries me most is problem with the crane itself. City streets are bad. There is some big pipe down there. Once went up a tree and a main broke under my truck. I didn't do it but I have seen outriggers keep going the second they kiss the ground. Jump back and say " HA!"
One thing I love though is that if you happen to be following a crane in to a job in your pick-up, maybe with some Skynrd, just after a eating lunch in the Wawa parking lot ( Ropes, you have no idea what you are missing, I suggest binoculars), I guess there had better be someone there to take my dam picture.

Latest posts

Back