Cougar Saddle Rings RECALLED

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinnaclePete

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
We just received a recall notice from Weaver Leather regarding the aluminum rings on the Cougar climbing saddle. UNMARKED rings on the rope bridge should be taken out of service immediately. Rings that are stamped or etched with USR or ISC are rated and alright to use.

The aluminum rings apparently are some of the UNMARKED aluminum rings produced by Kong that failed and were recalled since 2009.

Please contact your dealer / distributor where the saddle was purchased for return and replacement procedures. Please pass this information on to others you know that may be using Cougar climbing saddles.

Thanks for the heads up on the rings. I checked mine right away and I'm good.

Its a cause for concern that so long after the big Kong recall that Weaver issues this recall. When the Kong recall went out didn't Weaver immediately check their record of parts suppliers?

Boy, this site is really handy if you can ignore the verbal hand grenades.

Thats really poor of weaver not to have done anything about it until now, infact its down right neglectful as a maker of gear that peoples lives rely on.

If recalls are handled right, they can give customers MORE trust in the products that the company manufacture or onsell (case and point being sherrills EXCELLENT actions over a recall they had a year back with something that they sold.) but if you drag your feet in a see-what-happens kind of way and that see-what-happens has the potential to be the loss of life of some of your customers, you deserve whatever punishment a truckload of lawyers, a bunch of well armed widows and orphans and a couple hundred AS guys armed with pickeroons can deal out.
Then whats left of you should end up poured into jail.

Latest posts

Back