Could I be converted to a Husky lover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... the biggest oak is 6 feet plus in diameter. I think i'm gonna leave that one it isnt worth the time it would take to cut it up.

Buddy, you've justified getting a ported 395. Slap a BIG bar on there and have at it!

Murph, you were exactly right. The Stihlheads are so brand-focused that they cannot be convinced otherwise. I was cutting with friends on Sunday and my (from you) 346XP was just blowing away an 026 Pro also in use. The guy soon put his saw on his truck, saying "my chain must be dull or something." I later took out my Mac 10-10S for some larger cuts and he just shook his head. :laugh:

13-14 years ago when my old Poulans were gettin too old and had a big job coming up cuttin oak 20" and smaller. Went and looked at Stihl and Husky, the 346xp felt right to me and have not regretted that move at all!

I do have a Stihl FS110R trimmer that has been great, but I just don't like the way the saws feel or handle.

Used my 371 XP for the first time today, and i really liked like its performance , great power and less vibration then my Stihls. I have a 20 inch bar with a new chain on it and it really cut the wood like butter, cut up a 32 inch oak with it. I found i was only using about half throttle most of the time. seems like the perfect firewood saw. I feel bad for bashing huskies now. had been running my 066 for about a half hour and grabbing this saw was a welcomed relief.

:cool: - but don't run any chainsaw on "halv" trottle for any length of time, they usually run lean when you do. ;)

Last edited:
It's funny, you see Stihlheads come to the light, but you rarely see a devout Husqvarna lover bash Stihls (Niko not withstanding J/K). I think as a group that Stihlheads are more narrow minded in their appreciation of saws- it's Stihls, and Stihls only. Those that love Dolmar and Husqvarna tend to accept Stihls as well. As a saw nut grows and matures, they come to realize that other manufacturers make very good saws, ones that are often superior to the comparable Stihl offering.

I never said that Stihl and Dolmar doesn't make some good models, or that Husky doesn't make some not so good ones! :givebeer:

ah.... typo I guess. Post read you "bought the 261CM bc you wanted a 50cc with electronic carb and outboard clutch."
Oops Thats what I get for typing on a tablet with elbows for fingers :)

No brand has the best of everything. All have good and not so good products. Quality, reliability and parts/service are the important things. Cutting thru a log .1 second faster is not.

all i got is stihls. mostly because of the dealer. bought my first saw from them in 1978, a lil 015 that i still have and a few more aquired here and there. of course iffn some of you fine gents want to convert me i would gladly run any orange or red saw you want to send me, lol.

Back