Countyline 22 ton splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the huskee which looks to be the same splitter with a Briggs engine. I'm not sure what the county line has Chinese? But the 22 ton is great been using mine commercially since 09 no complaints strains on fresh 36 inch elm but what wouldn't

I saw this for the first time today at my local TSC. Sure looks like a re labeled Huskee. So I would think that the 22t Huskee reviews would apply.

Kohler? Somehow all my stump grinders have Kohlers. I'll take a briggs any day over a Kohler if I'm commercially using them.

That's the way it looks is it the yellow one? Our tsc stores still have the red huskies with briggs old school engine that doesn't have overhead valves I'm guessing the Kohler does good or bad? That kholer may be better I've just had issues with the 25hp vtwins on 252 stump grinders. Look at the hydraulics most of the huskies are branded speeco on the pump and valves. if that one isn't it may not be the same.

TSC seems to be throwing their "Countyline" badge on everything. The push mowers look suspiciously like the Huskee ones they sold last year. The bush hogs are now CL, but look exactly like the KK line they handled previously. I asked a supervisor there if they were rebadged and he denied it. But yet the parts are interchangeable. The Huskee log splitters switched to Kohler engines, now the CL splitters have Kohlers. I think its the same Huskee splitter with different letters. They also rebadged the line of well pumps they carry to CL.

I can confirm that the county line splitters are rebadged Huskee/Speeco splitters with Kohler motors. A manager at TSC said these would be showing up in fall... a little early, but they are here. Once they sell out of the red ones, they'll be getting these in. Consider it a speeco splitter with a kohler motor.

I purchased the huskee 22 ton on 7/31/14 and it has a kohler on it. So far I have been very pleased with it, it cranks on the first pull most often and the splitter has grunted a few times but I haven't had anything yet that it couldn't split.

Hp difference? Run time per tank? I know my Briggs has a small tank no engine oil filter I guess I just love Em because they were the first engine I ever worked on when I was 5 my dad was to busy to fix any of my toys. Is the kholer overhead valve? Have a valve cover? The briggs is the old school flat head. Runs for years n years. I've got 3 or 4 old mowers just waiting to go in the splitter if it were to scatter either way it's a fine built product. Zale I operate a tree service so you should know how many hours I've put on it in 5 years. It's priced for the consumer built for the professional. ..buy it don't look back

Hp difference? Run time per tank? I know my Briggs has a small tank no engine oil filter I guess I just love Em because they were the first engine I ever worked on when I was 5 my dad was to busy to fix any of my toys. Is the kholer overhead valve? Have a valve cover? The briggs is the old school flat head. Runs for years n years. I've got 3 or 4 old mowers just waiting to go in the splitter if it were to scatter either way it's a fine built product. Zale I operate a tree service so you should know how many hours I've put on it in 5 years. It's priced for the consumer built for the professional. ..buy it don't look back

As long as you keep the oil changed and oil level correct and use this splitter on a level surface or at least level up the splitter. I use synthetic oil and it starts well even in colder temps.

Does it really matter "what name" they put on all of these Chinese made small motors???

SR

It doesn't if it's Chinese but Kohler and Briggs are not Chinese

They are now starting to put "designed" in the USA on some of them, so that's the way the world turns!

SR

After that all that remains is "Sold in the USA"! "Stickers proudly printed in the USA"! Then we will look like Cuba after the embargo started and planned everything economy disaster, nothing new, everything existing repaired forever. Thing is most of what we have today is near impossible to actually repair, not designed for it.

I'd like an opportunity to kick one of these big fat wall street job jackers right in the nads....."why, look how the economy is improving, I'm a multi billionaire, look at these stock prices..."

With that said, I accept reality. No sense boycotting made anywhere, no point to it, won't change a thing, globalism is here, not going away, don't matter a whit which so called "party" is "in power" either.

We are in the last dregs of the good old days, might as well enjoy it. And with the advances in robotics..they'll just come up with diverse ways to cull all the "useless eaters" they don't need any more..and makes us pay for that.

Latest posts

Back