Cracked plate

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blades

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well was doing my chimney cleaning and since the stove has been a tad fussy to get into the secondary burn stage, I gave it a once over. In the process I discovered why. The plate above the fire box which forms part of the secondary air warming route has been overheated substantially. It now has about a 3" long split in it. This is a Comfort systems stove from about 10 years ago ( no longer in business) and has served me well while I had my trailer. It is way undersized for my current abode. As it is a plate steel stove I may be able to repair it by removing the damaged area and welding in a replacement piece.
Pics tomorrow. Oh only about a cup or so of the black stuff in the 20 ft of Chimney.
Thinking Drolet 85k or the 95K stoves from Northern as I am in a 2k sq ft ranch at present. 899 for the 85, 999(sale reg 1199) on the 95, take out a Northern credit card another 10% off, plus both are EPA qualified. Another choice would be a 30nc 1299 at Ace hardware or Home Depot. Any of these would have to be ordered. Comments invited.

Latest posts

Back