Cracked plate

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blades

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well was doing my chimney cleaning and since the stove has been a tad fussy to get into the secondary burn stage, I gave it a once over. In the process I discovered why. The plate above the fire box which forms part of the secondary air warming route has been overheated substantially. It now has about a 3" long split in it. This is a Comfort systems stove from about 10 years ago ( no longer in business) and has served me well while I had my trailer. It is way undersized for my current abode. As it is a plate steel stove I may be able to repair it by removing the damaged area and welding in a replacement piece.
Pics tomorrow. Oh only about a cup or so of the black stuff in the 20 ft of Chimney.
Thinking Drolet 85k or the 95K stoves from Northern as I am in a 2k sq ft ranch at present. 899 for the 85, 999(sale reg 1199) on the 95, take out a Northern credit card another 10% off, plus both are EPA qualified. Another choice would be a 30nc 1299 at Ace hardware or Home Depot. Any of these would have to be ordered. Comments invited.

Latest posts

Back