Cracked stove brick

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JUDGE1162

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
One of the stove bricks cracked is this a big deal? Should I replace it? Where do you get them from and how hard are they to replace

Stove is a quadrafire 2100

Thanks

It _should_ be a standard size. Ask for 'firebrick' at any lumberyard. Big box stores may or may not have them. They are a bit pricey - several dollars each.

There should be a way to replace them easily, If they are held by a bracket both top and bottom, usually lifting up will clear the botton enough to remove.

Harry K

I've run with cracked bricks, doesn't hurt anything, it'll be fine until the heating season is over, then check all the bricks. They come in boxes of 5or 6, and are only $10-12 per box.

Any advantage to swaping them all out at once or should I just replace the one broken one and save the rest?

I've got broken firebrick in mine. Been like that for 10 years or so. I don't worry about it. They always break. They won't fall out if you don't bother 'em.

Mike

Just replace the broken one, the others may last for many more years. Tractor supply has them as well as any wood stove store.

I tried without success to replace broken firebrick for my King wood/coal stove. I ended up taking the broken ones out at the end of the season and patching them together with furnace cement and putting them back in once they had set up.
No worries.

Funny you should ask this question. I saw a box of fire brick by the checkout at my local Tractor Supply. When I finally rememberd to get a few for back up and went to the store last weekend, they told me that they packed them all up for the season and sent them back.

I've had broken bricks along time not a big deal. Replace during summer time and it is a good time to ck and replace door seals.. bob

Latest posts

Back