Craftsman 3.4/3.7/4.0 Poulan 3400/3700/4000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it should immediately start to 4 stroke or burble when there's no load on the engine then it should clean up when you go back to cutting if it doesn't 4 stroke unloaded then go a smidgen richer.

Here's a tidbit on info on this series also it happened to me twice. My 375 would just randomly stop oiling while I was cutting. I finally figured out that if you take off the clutch and that oil pump cover plate saw dust would get so packed in there from the hole where the manual pump rod goes that it would quit pumping. Cleaned all the dust out it took to oiling again. It did this twice so I don't think it was coincidence.

I will keep eye on mine, I want to Change needle bearing and clutch rim while I'm in there

-Efisher26-

Excited! After buying my 3.7 last spring, I finally get to use the thing this weekend on full trees, I've been cutting cookies for months!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if there ever was such a beast as a 4.0 craftsman modeled after a 4000 poulan. I've never seen one.

I've never seen one on you tube, that was probably too big for craftsman. I don't think they sell anything bigger then 55cc nowadays

-Efisher26-

Sounds like a beast you could run a 20" for sure i actually run 24" on my farm pro 375s

Chances are slim I would need a bar that big, Columbus weekend is wood cutting at the camp. And I cut up what falls over the winter.

-Efisher26-

Youre makin me feel bad as i havent ran one of my countervibes on over a year. Im gonna have to bust one out. My problem is i got enouhh fire wood to last about 4 years so i dont really need to cut.

So my 3.7 didn't come with a muffler gasket, anyone think I should get one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back