Craftsman 3.4/3.7/4.0 Poulan 3400/3700/4000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt want to look like a jackwagon, but i didnt think they did either. I don't believe any of mine do

Does anyone know if there ever was such a beast as a 4.0 craftsman modeled after a 4000 poulan. I've never seen one.

No, 3.7 (3700) was the biggest of that chassis saw made by Poulan for Craftsman. Poulan did make a 4.2 and a 5.2 for Craftsman that were the red and black versions of the 4200 and 5200 Counter Vibes.

I knew they made 4.2 and 5.2 even though ive never seen one.. but i wonder why they didnt want a 4.0. Ive also seen a 4200 and 5200 in dayton colors and in rigid colors.

I've got a Craftsman 4.2 or 5.2, not sure yet, only seen one picture coming by truck that I should have in a week or two. It runs though so we'll see which one it is!

I've got a Craftsman 4.2 or 5.2, not sure yet, only seen one picture coming by truck that I should have in a week or two. It runs though so we'll see which one it is!

Pics asap!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the only picture I have, like I said it won't be in my possession for a week or so, it's in transit.

FullSizeRender.jpg

What makes that a countervibe? Or is it? Usually there rubber mounts on the handle right?

-Efisher26-

Theres 6 av mounts 3 on each side starting by the carb is two then four more underneath when you take all the bolts out you can slide the handle tank assembly off then you can see all 6 of em

so i have a 18in 3/8 .050 66dl bar now, i want to go to 20in, i would have to go to .325 chain. is it worth the switch? i have rim drive

If you have a 3/8 rim drive on your saw now just get a longer bar and chain your good to go no need to go to .325, that saw will pull a 3/8 20" bar just fine.

But I'd have to spend more for a bar. I looked at oregon$65+, cannon$100, TSC has a 20in for $43 but it's a
.325. I like their 18in I have now

-Efisher26-

Did you check ebay... ill look at my inventory i may have a spare. If you go to 325 youll have to buy a rim, bar and a chain. If i have a spare bar i know i have a chain for it also

Ya there's a used bar on ebay, and there's an older Oregon bar but it doesn't have the right poulan models on it, 3600?? I think it said

-Efisher26-

I assumed you searched for a poulan 3700 also, that would get you way more results than craftsman i would think

Latest posts

Back