Craftsman poulan 3.7

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerrycmorrow

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Got a mostly complete craftsman 3.7 (poulan). Looks like only thing broken is the left side of the rear handle (where it connects to the lower AV). Anyone got one? Not opposed to green either. Can trade stuff. Hate to see this saw sit

I might have a 3400, 3800 and a chraftsman parts units out here in the parts box.---would have to dig around and see if there are good handles, if you still need one. thanks; sonny580

Got a mostly complete craftsman 3.7 (poulan). Looks like only thing broken is the left side of the rear handle (where it connects to the lower AV). Anyone got one? Not opposed to green either. Can trade stuff. Hate to see this saw sit
Solid saw, worth the effort. I have the green Poulan, starts on the 3rd pull no matter how long it’s been on the shelf. Heavy, slow, not much on antivibe, loud, and it does what it’s designed to do.:cool:

Here's yet another that I worked on and restored -- grey with black trim.
View attachment 647231
These saws were well made in MHO and worth fixing.
Wood Doc can you show me how the line is configured that comes out of the outer hole in the fuel tank? The hole closest to the pull cord. I just got hold of one the grey and black models like the one you have here and whatever was coming from that hole is no longer there. Thanks for any help you can give.

Wood Doc can you show me how the line is configured that comes out of the outer hole in the fuel tank? The hole closest to the pull cord. I just got hold of one the grey and black models like the one you have here and whatever was coming from that hole is no longer there. Thanks for any help you can give.
Unfortunately, I cannot. I worked on the saw six years ago and the owner passed away. I have no idea what happened to the saw. I may be able to find a red one locally and I imagine it's the same configuration. If I do, I'll report back. Ray Benson may have the IPL. Check the Beg for Manuals thread.

Unfortunately, I cannot. I worked on the saw six years ago and the owner passed away. I have no idea what happened to the saw. I may be able to find a red one locally and I imagine it's the same configuration. If I do, I'll report back. Ray Benson may have the IPL. Check the Beg for Manuals thread.
Check your inbox thombat4 for an ipl and service manual.

Hey guys, I picked up this ole girl (Craftsman 3.7/18 Roper built 1982) at an estate auction. Still in the sealed box, in heat shrink Brand New Old Stock. I put it together, fired right up as a new saw should..... comes with the manual, original receipt, Craftsman Bar oil (in a punch can) Now I'm kinda of a Homelite guy and if the saw was used, I'd run it. But,,, This is too nice for me to use.... So, I'm posting to see if Craftsman fanatics hang out here? I'd be willing to let her go, but Id rather see it go to someone who would appreciate it..... Any thoughts??
Craftsman 3.7  18  Roper 2.jpg Craftsman 3.7   18  Roper 1.jpg Craftsman 3.7   18 Bar  Roper 4.jpg Craftsman 3.7  18  Roper 3.jpg Craftsman Chainsaw box1.jpg Craftsman Chainsaw Manual.jpg

Hey guys, I picked up this ole girl (Craftsman 3.7/18 Roper built 1982) at an estate auction. Still in the sealed box, in heat shrink Brand New Old Stock. I put it together, fired right up as a new saw should..... comes with the manual, original receipt, Craftsman Bar oil (in a punch can) Now I'm kinda of a Homelite guy and if the saw was used, I'd run it. But,,, This is too nice for me to use.... So, I'm posting to see if Craftsman fanatics hang out here? I'd be willing to let her go, but Id rather see it go to someone who would appreciate it..... Any thoughts??
View attachment 722069 View attachment 722071 View attachment 722072 View attachment 722073 View attachment 722074 View attachment 722076
That's a beautiful saw you happened upon. They don't get any better than that:yes:

I’m not wood doc, but go to youtube & search for a “chainsaw tip Poulan 3400 breather” video with a good view of the two hoses. His info is really sketchy, so don’t watch the whole video, lol.

I don’t think the guy knows he’s missing the duckbill valve & fitting inside the fuel tank on the end of the right hand vent line. Those two parts are not shown in the IPL either.

The left line is the fuel supply hose to the carb inlet elbow, which has the filter installed on the other end inside the fuel tank.

I’m not wood doc, but go to youtube & search for a “chainsaw tip Poulan 3400 breather” video with a good view of the two hoses. His info is really sketchy, so don’t watch the whole video, lol.

I don’t think the guy knows he’s missing the duckbill valve & fitting inside the fuel tank on the end of the right hand vent line. Those two parts are not shown in the IPL either.

The left line is the fuel supply hose to the carb inlet elbow, which has the filter installed on the other end inside the fuel tank.
Thanks hotshot, that video was just what I needed.

Not to steal this thread but what is a good price for a saw just like the one wood doctor posted ? I don't really need more saws at this time but there is one on CL that is in as good of shape as wood doctors for a decent price and it runs with a new carb.

Back