Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Free Place to Drop off your unwanted Trees +$10-30.00 for gas money - $30

Free Place to Drop off your unwanted Trees +$10-30.00 for gas money

If you are looking for a place to dump your unwanted tree -Not The Brush- I have a place that is easy with truck and trailer just pull up and drop off. IT must be hardwood Oak, Walnut,Locust,Ash, Hickory,Maple,Elm Please let me know what you have and send pictures of what you want to drop off. I would even be willing to give you gas Money! I can also pick up your wood for free just send pictures of what you have Must Send Pictures

And what you save by heating with wood will be eaten up by fueling that engine.
Yes you speak the truth. . . Look at the numbers below....they are gph consumption and the numbers are staggering

Full Load: 4.96@1600, 5.31@1800, 5.56@2000, 6.01@2200
3/4 Load: 4.31@1600, 4.72@1800, 4.89@2000, 5.71@2200
1/2 Load: 3.47@1600, 3.87@1800, 4.14@2000, 5.25@2200

Free Place to Drop off your unwanted Trees +$10-30.00 for gas money - $30

Free Place to Drop off your unwanted Trees +$10-30.00 for gas money

If you are looking for a place to dump your unwanted tree -Not The Brush- I have a place that is easy with truck and trailer just pull up and drop off. IT must be hardwood Oak, Walnut,Locust,Ash, Hickory,Maple,Elm Please let me know what you have and send pictures of what you want to drop off. I would even be willing to give you gas Money! I can also pick up your wood for free just send pictures of what you have Must Send Pictures

I was thinking of posting pretty much the same ad but I wasn't going to descriminate based on hard/softwood. I figured I'd offer a few bucks for premium hardwoods.

I was thinking of posting pretty much the same ad but I wasn't going to descriminate based on hard/softwood. I figured I'd offer a few bucks for premium hardwoods.

We've got one similar that's been running for a few months in our local CL listings. I supposed it must work since the guy keeps putting it up... Not that I'm a fan since it might divert off a few freebies I might pick up on occasion.

That engine/cylinder/pump will bend and twist that beam like a pretzel. . .that beam is way undersized.

...too bad it will only split many ricks of firewood, I would expect a big machine to do many cords.....

Wonder why he wants to sell it though? Seems a lot of work to make something like that and not have a need or use for it.

Yes you speak the truth. . . Look at the numbers below....they are gph consumption and the numbers are staggering

Full Load: 4.96@1600, 5.31@1800, 5.56@2000, 6.01@2200
3/4 Load: 4.31@1600, 4.72@1800, 4.89@2000, 5.71@2200
1/2 Load: 3.47@1600, 3.87@1800, 4.14@2000, 5.25@2200

I've got a few of those motors, not on any splitters, but they don't use anywhere near that much fuel.

Old flathead one runs 6+hrs on 5 gallons. Big overheard valve one just like on that splitter takes a bit more I'd say around 3+gph running pretty hard on a welder.

I'm not saying that big motor is a good idea on that splitter, unless it has a 3 second cycle time with full pressure on a single stage pump they are not going to come close to using all that HP. They have enough raw power there to run a full blown processor spitting out three cords an hour.

Mr. HE:cool:

I've got a few of those motors, not on any splitters, but they don't use anywhere near that much fuel.

Old flathead one runs 6+hrs on 5 gallons. Big overheard valve one just like on that splitter takes a bit more I'd say around 3+gph running pretty hard on a welder.

I'm not saying that big motor is a good idea on that splitter, unless it has a 3 second cycle time with full pressure on a single stage pump they are not going to come close to using all that HP. They have enough raw power there to run a full blown processor spitting out three cords an hour.

Those numbers were gph ratings established by Wisconsin. I can tell you that the flathead 18hp twin Briggs on my log splitter uses about a gallon an hour and maybe more. . . :(

Those numbers were gph ratings established by Wisconsin. I can tell you that the flathead 18hp twin Briggs on my log splitter uses about a gallon an hour and maybe more. . . :(

Even with the lower numbers that I've experienced it is still too much fuel for a wood splitter. Sounds like your old briggs, good motor that they are, better turn out the wood to earn it's keep.

Fuel use is one reason that a splitter I just built for a guy uses only a 6.5hp engine. He wants fast and we've got it at 6-7second cycle time, but he didn't want to spend all his money on fuel. For the wood he runs it will have plenty of power, so with the speed it should make him some money.

Even with the lower numbers that I've experienced it is still too much fuel for a wood splitter. Sounds like your old briggs, good motor that they are, better turn out the wood to earn it's keep.

Fuel use is one reason that a splitter I just built for a guy uses only a 6.5hp engine. He wants fast and we've got it at 6-7second cycle time, but he didn't want to spend all his money on fuel. For the wood he runs it will have plenty of power, so with the speed it should make him some money.
The old 18hp horizontal briggs is just a classic. . . And I always wanted a twin cylinder splitter. . . It has a 6.5 gallon tank and does not make full day without adding fuel. I have its 13hp Honda replacement sitting on a shelf in the garage.... what I don't have is a Honda engine to pump bracket. . . Or the energy to make the engine/pump swap. LoL
Thats 7 seconds out? Is that a 20 or 24 inch cylinder?:cool:

The old 18hp horizontal briggs is just a classic. . . And I always wanted a twin cylinder splitter. . . It has a 6.5 gallon tank and does not make full day without adding fuel. I have its 13hp Honda replacement sitting on a shelf in the garage.... what I don't have is a Honda engine to pump bracket. . . Or the energy to make the engine/pump swap. LoL
Thats 7 seconds out? Is that a 20 or 24 inch cylinder?

I like the old briggs motors myself, I have a 19hp twin, same basic engine as your 18hp no doubt, that I really want to put on a splitter. I've got some ideas to make it produce enough that the fuel use won't be too bad. (I hope lol)

Another one I have that is going on a small tractor is a Briggs 16hp horizontal shaft single cylinder, old cast iron block motor. It has real good torque rise and just loves to lug down and pull, so tractor duty it is. You pay for it in fuel though, it is at least a gallon an hour.

Ram on the one I just built is 3.5x18x2 so only 14 tons actual force at 3000psi

Pump is 13 gpm two stage for extension speed of 3.5 seconds and retraction speed of 2.5 seconds. Low stage is 3gpm so when it drops down it gets slow, but 90% of what he splits will not drop the pump to low. He only splits 16" wood to sell so extra stroke is just time and money wasted. He only wanted a 16" stroke, but I convinced him that even with a 2" setback from the wedge he need more room to get rounds in place. I also built it so he can drop in a 5x24x2 cylinder if he ever wants.

I like the old briggs motors myself, I have a 19hp twin, same basic engine as your 18hp no doubt, that I really want to put on a splitter. I've got some ideas to make it produce enough that the fuel use won't be too bad. (I hope lol)

Another one I have that is going on a small tractor is a Briggs 16hp horizontal shaft single cylinder, old cast iron block motor. It has real good torque rise and just loves to lug down and pull, so tractor duty it is. You pay for it in fuel though, it is at least a gallon an hour.

Ram on the one I just built is 3.5x18x2 so only 14 tons actual force at 3000psi

Pump is 13 gpm two stage for extension speed of 3.5 seconds and retraction speed of 2.5 seconds. Low stage is 3gpm so when it drops down it gets slow, but 90% of what he splits will not drop the pump to low. He only splits 16" wood to sell so extra stroke is just time and money wasted. He only wanted a 16" stroke, but I convinced him that even with a 2" setback from the wedge he need more room to get rounds in place. I also built it so he can drop in a 5x24x2 cylinder if he ever wants.

I have some make or another antique old walk behind field mower with a big single cylinder cast iron briggs on it. I don't know the HP just it was "decent" albeit tired when it got parked. Electric start with a "starterator" system. Self propelled, ag tires on it, front deck. I am thinking lose the deck and blade, reverse the handles somehow to how it engages forward or backward, and have something that can drag out small logs/big rounds with a little boom or a box and ramp on the back or something.

The only way to change drive ratios is loosen and move a belt. Low is real dang low though. Sorta sitting in one of my "too good to scrap, but doesn't exactly work right now" heaps. Something like a half size Dr powerwagon setup was my idea.

http://topeka.craigslist.org/grd/4526261444.html

BRAND NEW IN BOX CHAINSAW CHAIN SHARPENER - $105 (NORTH TOPEKA)

2yxejpt.jpg

2zowv2r.jpg

up for sale 1 chainsaw chain sharpener.....BRAND NEW IN BOX with extra blades...$105 or best offer

Is this yours? If so, it belongs in the. 'Trading Post' section. This is where we make fun of stupid CL ads.

Philbert
:laugh:

I found this listing earlier and no, it's not mine. I generally don't advertise used, dirty items as "BRAND NEW IN BOX!"
:laugh::clap:

Thanks, bud. You made me lol.

880 stihl - $1400 (fitchburg ma)
01717_f94srWbq92C_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map) (yahoo map)

condition: newsize / dimensions: chain saw

I am selling my brand new 880 stihl chain saw it comes with a 30 inch bar and chain
.404 pitch chain its a comical saw it has not had one tank of gas run through it yet if you are interested please feel free to give me a call this saw retails for 1900 dollars this is a great deal it has never seen work yet
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
the only thing i find comical is the price

Back