Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I see a POS like this it would't be a big deal if his ad read "great for hauling bags of foam peanuts or heilum balloons. To think this was used as a "GREAT WOOD HAULER"...is reckless bordering on criminal. Looks like he ductaped an axle to a bedframe garbaged picked on trash day...... WOW.

http://jxn.craigslist.org/for/4524988704.html

Posted: 21 days ago
trailer, homemade - $300

This is a heavy duty homemade trailer
12 feet long x 5 feet wide
single axle
Good wood hauling trailer.

No texts or emails please. Cash only.

Attachments

• 00d0d_LSjZqOD7SE_600x450.jpg
    00d0d_LSjZqOD7SE_600x450.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 79
When I see a POS like this it would't be a big deal if his ad read "great for hauling bags of foam peanuts or heilum balloons. To think this was used as a "GREAT WOOD HAULER"...is reckless bordering on criminal. Looks like he ductaped an axle to a bedframe garbaged picked on trash day...... WOW.

trailer, homemade - $300

single axle

there something so ghetto about that its beautiful

880 stihl - $1400 (fitchburg ma)
01717_f94srWbq92C_600x450.jpg

[emoji767] craigslist - Map data [emoji767] OpenStreetMap
(google map) (yahoo map)

condition: newsize / dimensions: chain saw

I am selling my brand new 880 stihl chain saw it comes with a 30 inch bar and chain
.404 pitch chain its a comical saw it has not had one tank of gas run through it yet if you are interested please feel free to give me a call this saw retails for 1900 dollars this is a great deal it has never seen work yet
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
the only thing i find comical is the price

This exact add is listed twice on Craigslist in my area. One is for $2000 bucks, the other is for $600. Both says to contact by email only. I think its a scam ! Beware!

Thanks

It does have a certain charm about it. I like how the leaf springs don't seem to line up with the edge of the trailer.

View attachment 358513
View attachment 358514

And to be honest, I paid $50 for a trailer in worse shape than this one!

You know what you call that trailer? Trouble, Danger, Hazard, Accident ...lol And my problem is not with the trailer itself....but the fact that morons like him/her....has taken it on a public road and surely endangered the lives and safety of others.

trailer, homemade - $300

single axle

I think what the seller is saying is, if you strapped some 4"x4"'x8's to it (to compensate for the lack of frame) it would, in a sense, haul those wood 4"x4"'s.

It does have a certain charm about it. I like how the leaf springs don't seem to line up with the edge of the trailer.

View attachment 358513
View attachment 358514

And to be honest, I paid $50 for a trailer in worse shape than this one!

Nearing the retirement from the AF time, I took a class in welding to have some skill I could get a job with. Shop instructor hauled in a hangar door to make a trailer out of. Used single axle with two wheel bogies on the end. Nice job and we got a lot of welding experience out of it. His 'knowledge and design' work left a lot to be desired when it came to the springs. He had us weld the mount on one end and the opposite end solid with no spring shackles. No way for those springs to move at all.

Harry K

The trailer part of it is cool. I wonder what it originally was. You are right about the quality of the welding/fabrication. It is on par with mine, when I was 14 years old.
I don't know what it was before, but the beam looks like it could be a section of railroad track rail mounted upside down?

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/for/4566040749.html
Large Red Oak Tree Wood for Sale - $50 (White Hall, MD)
00u0u_f2LmtaLWfsj_600x450.jpg

This is a large red oak that was recently struck at its base by lightning and is lying on the ground. It's easy to get to, only a few feet off the driveway. This red oak is approximately 70-75 feet long and 6 to 7 feet in circumference at the base. You will have to cut it up yourself. I'll guarantee one and a half cords.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/for/4566040749.html
Large Red Oak Tree Wood for Sale - $50 (White Hall, MD)
00u0u_f2LmtaLWfsj_600x450.jpg

This is a large red oak that was recently struck at its base by lightning and is lying on the ground. It's easy to get to, only a few feet off the driveway. This red oak is approximately 70-75 feet long and 6 to 7 feet in circumference at the base. You will have to cut it up yourself. I'll guarantee one and a half cords.

I respond to all these adds by politely telling them that there's very little chance of anybody paying to clean up their property and that I would be more than happy to remove the usable wood at no cost. I've done pretty good over the years convincing people that the tree that fell out back isn't a goldmine .

Latest posts

Back