Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OAK FIREWOOD * R O U N D S * DEALERS ALSO WELCOMED * CORD PRICE - $128 (SMALLER ROUNDS ARE AVAILABLE / OAK*CHERRY CALL 4 PRICING /)
00N0N_6ErqVHXNYtI_600x450.jpg

condition: new

Im thinking of putting an ad in for Firewood Classes. Teach you how to cut and split firewood, learn the proper technique for stacking, rolling logs to the splitter. Classes start at $4000 a season. You must bring your own gloves and be ready to learn!! Must be able to split and stack 30 cords upon completion of the course to graduate.

Think that will fly??

Im thinking of putting an ad in for Firewood Classes. Teach you how to cut and split firewood, learn the proper technique for stacking, rolling logs to the splitter. Classes start at $4000 a season. You must bring your own gloves and be ready to learn!! Must be able to split and stack 30 cords upon completion of the course to graduate.

Think that will fly??

Attachments

• gcno.jpg
    gcno.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 43
As stupid as that sounds, I actually have people that come out to my fields to pick vegetables and they pay me for the experience. Especially during the fall when pumpkin season is here. I haven't picked a pumpkin in years. LOL

I don't know what makes stuff so special/valuable in my area.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/grq/4514990171.html
OREGON CHAINSAW CHAIN (NONE) - $22 (ROCK HILL SC)
WE HAVE FOR SALE A OREGON CHAINSAW CHAIN

IT IS USED BUT IN GOOD CONDITION

D70

20" 50 CM

ECHO HOMELITE MASTER CRAFT MCCULLOCH POULAN

IF YOU HAVE MORE QUESTION YOU CAN CALL USE AT

**** **** PAWN SHOP

Think that will fly??
:ices_rofl::popcorn:

Think that will fly??

Not at that price, but you could get a fair bit split for free. You got any kids with friends? Get them interested, and tell them about lumberjacks, axes, Paul Bunyan, etc. and then tell them they can have an experience themselves. They'd get pretty excited about it for a few hours. The old Tom Sawyer whitewashing trick, you know.

I have two kids. But the law of diminishing returns comes into play with that. 1 kid working=1 kid working...2 kids working=1/2 kid working....3 kids working=1/3 kid working...4+ kids=pretty much nothing getting done..

I had a group of kids come out to help pick pumpkins one time from a boy scout troop. Might as well have done it myself blindfolded.

I have two kids. But the law of diminishing returns comes into play with that. 1 kid working=1 kid working...2 kids working=1/2 kid working....3 kids working=1/3 kid working...4+ kids=pretty much nothing getting done..

I had a group of kids come out to help pick pumpkins one time from a boy scout troop. Might as well have done it myself blindfolded.

I see some management training is needed here. There are two main ways to motivate kids - fear and reward. With my own kids, they do what I tell them because disobedience means pain, and life is so much better for them to obey their papa. Unfortunately, swatting other kids is now frowned upon (or grounds for a lawsuit), so you can do what I do when I have kid workers - pay them and bark at them, saying that if they don't get moving faster their wages will be cut. It's much better to have them work by the job rather than by the hour. For example, pay them a certain amount to split a cord of wood, rather than work for a couple hours. That way they faster they work, the more they earn per hour. If you have a bunch of kids, it's often good to make a scapegoat out of the rotten one. Be hard on him and if he's just a lazy jerk, fire him in front of the others. That will motivate the others to work harder, and give the kid a good lesson in life. If you don't, then he will bring the rest of the group down. Happens every time. Good school teachers know this tactic. Had it used on me once, actually. Government teacher blasted me the first day of school, letting everyone know where the line was and what would happen if it was crossed. Never had a problem all year from me or anyone else.

Anyway, this is the Craigslist thread, not Uncle's Advice thread, so here's a typical one again.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mat/4590755954.html

Free Pin Oak Tree For Firewood or Building Lumber (St. Peters, MO)
Need to call me and not email, for some reason I can't reply to CL email.

Wasn't certain where to place this ad but I have a large (circumference is 84 inches at base) pin oak tree that I want taken down and thought someone may want to take it down with no cost to me for the huge amount of oak firewood for this coming cold season. May want to use the limbs for firewood and take to sawmill for quality oak lumbar/boards.

Latest posts

Back