Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should reply, "just look for the trail of bitten children, and half eaten Pomeranian's."

Ahhh! That's an old wives tale. Pitbulls like any other dogs are what they are taught by their owners. I have 2 of them, sweetest critters you will ever meet. Had a third one but she developed bone cancer and passed. She was a sweetheart also.

The Magna Carta of Firewood Buying???:laughing:
Need trustworthy source of seasoned firewood (Between Johnson City and Elizabethton)
Don't try and sell this fellow any GREEN WOOD or ELSE!!:buttkick:
http://tricities.craigslist.org/wan/5369519385.html
time to buy a chainsaw and a maul. If you want it the way you like it MAKE it the way you like it. Being specific to what you want to buy is fine, just cough up the dough or don't complain with what you get. I've got some 2 year seasoned oak, will sell for 450 a cord, you pick up.

x prohibited[?]

Posted: about an hour ago

◀ prev next ▶
print
free bloomers (greenland)
00t0t_kpljrkDcZKS_600x450.jpg

condition: new

safety tips

I am giving these new not used bloomers away to anyone who wants them. Serious inquiries only please. Thanks
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 5381096694

posted: 2015-12-30 2:55pm

email to friend

♥ best of [?]
You can't make stuff like this up.:crazy2:

The Magna Carta of Firewood Buying???:laughing:
Need trustworthy source of seasoned firewood (Between Johnson City and Elizabethton)
Don't try and sell this fellow any GREEN WOOD or ELSE!!:buttkick:
http://tricities.craigslist.org/wan/5369519385.html

And I would like it stacked in house, shoes shall be removed before entering, bark removed, between 15 1/2" and 15 3/4" long, prefer splits to be uniform and only triangle shaped......

Wow, I know people like that. The pity is you try and help them out and do your best, bend over backwards and then it still comes back to bite you, be it lost labor or product.

Granted, it is not unreasonable to expect seasoned firewood, but the way he goes about it is very dickerdly......If it was me selling, it would be $500 a cord to deal with that BS

Wow, I know people like that. The pity is you try and help them out and do your best, bend over backwards and then it still comes back to bite you, be it lost labor or product. Granted, it is not unreasonable to expect seasoned firewood, but the way he goes about it is very dickerdly......If it was me selling, it would be $500 a cord to deal with that BS
I agree that she's going to antagonize just about any legitimate seller who reads that. She's committing the grave error of telling a professional how to do his job. But I can see how she came to that frame of mind. She's probably had a few consecutive dealings with some less-than-professional sellers, leading her to conclude that most sellers are that way. This is how her frustration comes out. She doesn't realize she's doing it. But it's a big red flag that she's taking it out on the ethical seller she hasn't met yet.

You could write essentially the same ad in a much more positive way. Something like this:

"Hi, I'm a local resident looking for a reputable firewood dealer. In the past I've been burned by guys who sold me substandard wood in [a short list of ways; green, overpriced, short load, etc.] So I'm looking for good properly-seasoned hardwood, burnable today. I buy x cords of wood a year for heating and am hoping to find someone who stands behind his product, and who I can rely on for years to come."

That would make the same point positively without lecturing potential sellers.

And I would like it stacked in house, shoes shall be removed before entering, bark removed, between 15 1/2" and 15 3/4" long, prefer splits to be uniform and only triangle shaped......

Wow, I know people like that. The pity is you try and help them out and do your best, bend over backwards and then it still comes back to bite you, be it lost labor or product.

Granted, it is not unreasonable to expect seasoned firewood, but the way he goes about it is very dickerdly......If it was me selling, it would be $500 a cord to deal with that BS

Granted, a long ad, but the guy was obviously frustrated by not being able to get dry wood. If you have limited space and sellers bring over green wood and you get stuck with it..it would suck. Heck, I see it around here with some of the wood being offered, it's not even close to being seasoned or dry. There's a guy who sells "stacks" in his front yard, and he is splitting as it is being sold. No way is it dry.

Too bad he is in TN. He's just my kind of customer. I only sell you stuff I would burn myself, include kindling and tell you to set out anything you don't like and I will replace it. Some times 1 or 2 slip through quality control. I give a healthy cord, not a short load. I've NEVER had a return. Sounds fair to me. Every guy with a pickup, a saw and a maul does not need to be getting full market value for the crap they peddle.

I have a huge pile of ash wood to get rid of. kinda late in the year to be selling it, so I throw an ad on craigslist saying I'm taking orders for 70 bucks a face cord OR i'll barter with the wood for some thing interesting.

I immediately get an email from some guy saying he has a snowmobile to trade. ok, i'll bite, so I email him back and asked for specifics.

he says it's a 1971 ski doo that has been sitting for a few years and needs "a little work"....LOL:laughing:

told him i'll pass.

So what's the mushroom:wood ratio before it's no longer technically firewood?

We helped do a clean up at a now defunct Scout Camp where someone tarped mounds of firewood to the ground all but hermetically sealing them. What was once wood became an experiment in composting. After that I'm convinced that with enough heat you can burn dirt.

FIREPLACE WOOD CHEAP... - $20 (HARWOOD, ND)

4 BOXES OF PRE CUT PINE WOOD FIREPLACE WOOD....PERFECT FOR KINDLING OR FILL YOUR FIRE BOX....WOOD IS PRECUT FROM REMODEL PROJECT AND DON'T WANT TO TOSS IT...BOXED UP AND READY TO GO...
00L0L_3SpIaQ1a7OM_600x450.jpg

00o0o_eLkS3bekCnb_600x450.jpg

00t0t_jj9sI04Ai3o_600x450.jpg

Nothing wrong with burning waste dimensional lumber in my book. When I am done building my house I will have lots of it with 1x6 sub-floor run at 45 degrees and then all the ends from studs and such it has added up to about 6 giant plastic bags full so far. Should make for decent break-in fires for my new stove.

Latest posts

Back