Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with burning waste dimensional lumber in my book. When I am done building my house I will have lots of it with 1x6 sub-floor run at 45 degrees and then all the ends from studs and such it has added up to about 6 giant plastic bags full so far. Should make for decent break-in fires for my new stove.
I split it for kindling.

Free trees, you cut and haul/ free wood
http://frederick.craigslist.org/zip/5393609622.html

via cPro for Craigslist
iOS: http://tinyurl.com/CL-iDevice
Android: http://tinyurl.com/CL-Android

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Free trees, you cut and haul/ free wood (Myersville)

As many or as little as you want.
Easy to get to.
Mostly sumac (tree of heaven).
Use for Bon fires, house heat, whatever you want it's free.
I'm NOT paying you to remove so don't ask.
Whatever you cut down you take..
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Need to read it all the way through.

Herb Alpert / Engelbert Humperdink (Hot Springs)

00N0N_82LQp5LooHC_600x450.jpg

So let's real talk for a minute...

I love these albums and the men who made them. Herb Alpert, Engelbert Humperdink and I must part ways, but I can't just straight up abandon them. They've been too good to me and too big a part of my vinyl collection. But through a mutual understanding, this amazing musical collection is yours for the taking. But the records have some demands and those demands have to be respected.

Please don't resell these records. The albums are a set. We've all been together since my college days, circa early 1990s. Like a Blue Angels airplane show, the albums need to stay together in a tight formation on your shelf. Prefereably among other equally-fantastic legends. That means away from the toddlers and the toy poodles, or that weird drunk friend who's always pawing through your record collection like it was the discount DVD bin at WalMart. That means if you move, you must take the records with you, even when your girlfriend or your boyfriend is all "Why can't you just collect postage stamps? Why do I have to haul all these records up 47 flights of stairs?" And at that pivotal moment you just turn slowly and dramatically and say, "Look, Babe. It's you or the Humperdink. And the Humperdink don't whine..."

But what if, through no fault of your own, you simply MUST part with them? Then you give them away, to a suitable and thoroughly-vetted home. I can't insist you do a background check on everybody who will, undoubtedly, flock to you for this swinging set of musical masterpieces, but allow me to at least throw out that idea. If Herb and Engel fall into the wrong hands, how would you ever forgive yourself?

Which brings us back to the issue at hand: a new home. A loving home with record player(s) (because I KNOW you have more than one--the "old" one and the "new" one), no dull or cheap off-brand needles (because, YES, that matters), and the willingness to play these records like everyday was American Bandstand meets The Lawrence Welk Hour.

You may be asking yourself: why? What kind of person just abandons these two paragons of AMGold? How can she not see what a powerful and majestic collection of sound she has right at her fingertips? And I'm telling you: it's for the safety of the two men I hold dear. If I hear my two year old son breaks another album for his own selfish toddler entertainment I may be forced to grab all my albums, stuff them into a shopping cart, and live on the streets where it is safe. Instead, taking the high road, I must find a safe and loving environment--a haven-- where my two guys can continue to work their magic one B-side at a time. Are you that home?

**Side Note:
Herb. Engelbaby. If you're reading this, I just want you to know... It's not you. It's me. I mean, you know, circumstances change and people have to make adjustments and I just kept having to put you on higher and higher shelves away from the YouKnowWho. And Herb, the incident with the juice box and "Herb Albert & the Tijuana Brass: The Lonely Bull"...? I mean, who could have predicted that? These toddlers. They just don't get boundaries, you know? I couldn't continue to stand by while he abused and, oh I'll say it--brutalized--the both of you. But we'll always have "!!Going Places!!" (wink, wink). And Engel. How many times did I fly to your defense when I saw people misspell your name? "The L goes after the E!" I would scream and they'd just be like, "Why are you screaming?!" They never understood us. But we had good years, guys. Let's just hang on to all those memories... All those first dates where the date was like, "Um. What are you listening to?" As if they didn't know, ha ha ha. And all those pesky neighbors who came knocking on the door at 3am with their "Can you please turn that down?" If they REALLY wanted it turned down, why were they at my door... that's right... to be even closer to your soothing midnight sounds. But I digress and that only makes all the pain more palpable. So Englbert, Herb... it's time to spread those wings and find shelter in a new nest. Stay strong, boys! I'll never forget you!
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 5403084263

posted: 2016-01-14 4:05pm

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping.

That has got to be either the most pathetic human being to ever sell things on CraigsList or the most pathetic attempt to unload a box of frisbees I've ever seen. Really? Engelbert Humperdink? He listened to this in college? Must have been a liberal arts major. I'm surprised he didn't offer to throw in his Xmas sweater/dickie collection.

Vinyl's revival is equal parts confirmation bias and marketing gimmickry with a dash of hipster snobbiness thrown in to make it all gel. Sometimes older is better, but sometimes not; sometimes it's just different. I'm sure there's a psychological hook in there somewhere that makes people feel like they're more engaged with their playback if they have to go through all the fussy vinyl rituals. For my part, I listened to enough clicks, pops, wow, rumble, and channel crosstalk during the first 20 years of my record-buying life to last me well past the rest of it. Give me clean, quiet, dynamic digital recordings any day.

You may be asking yourself: why? What kind of person just abandons these two paragons of AMGold? How can she not see what a powerful and majestic collection of sound she has right at her fingertips? And I'm telling you: it's for the safety of the two men I hold dear.
That has got to be either the most pathetic human being to ever sell things on CraigsList or the most pathetic attempt to unload a box of frisbees I've ever seen. Really? Engelbert Humperdink? He listened to this in college? Must have been a liberal arts major. I'm surprised he didn't offer to throw in his Xmas sweater/dickie collection.

It's a female on what appears to be a premenstrual emotional rollercoaster... :omg:! Possibly Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder!:crazy:

Back