Craigslist post.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
There have been a few of them posted in the chainsaw forum lately, For some of you that didn't know, we have a craigslist thread already. Please post them there. Just go to top of page in the chainsaw forum and click on chainsaw stickies and it is in there. It will keep the chainsaw forum a little neater from ads. I will sticky this for a little while. Thanks

Rick

This is a Craigslist deal I worked on unsuccessfully. This struck me as funny but then the stuff I think is funny is not be others perspective. I will redact the names to protect the ignorant.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Read from bottom up.

Stop contacting me! Have you heard of harassment? Leave me alone or we will have a problem. DUMBASS!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:15 AM
Subject: Re: Jonsred saw
So be it Nate,
A long time ago I learned to never argue with an idiot because they will wear you down with their lifetime of experience.
FWIW, when a fuel line leaks it will also suck air. This in turn will cause a lean condition that in all likely hood will cause overheating and scoring of the piston and cylinder if the operator continues to run it. 2 stroke motors will take a fair amount of abuse, the one thing they will not tolerate is a lean condition. It sounds like you really should throw it on your "scrap pile. It must be convenient to have your own junk yard. But then considering the way this failed transaction has gone, it doesn't surprise me.
BTW, you could hide being a cretin by acquainting yourself with the basics of grammar, i.e. spelling, punctuation and capitalization. Nate there is hope for you though, even an imbecile can serve well as a bad example.
Best wishes,
Ron

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM, craigslist 3588496710 wrote:
yes it ran until gas started leakin out of the fuel line while i was using it. cant see were fuel line goes. i know what i am taking about. i am being honest i just dont want to waste anymore time on it. people like you piss me off. leave me alone i pulled my add. get ****** you lowlife peice of ####
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 8:31 PM
Nate,
I have bought and sold quite a few things on Craigslist and the key to good transactions is people being honest. In good faith I asked you to do a simple thing, (pull muffler and inspect). If you were close I would do it myself.
When you said the only thing that stops this saw from running is a fuel line. I think you and I both know that this is probably not true. Because of that I am not going to drive 100 miles round trip to find what I already have a strong suspicion is true.
So it appears you have two options:
a. Throw it on your "scrap pile".
b. Spend less than 5 minutes and see exactly what condition the piston/cylinder are in and depending on what you find, make your self $40.
Ron
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 3:21 PM,
done with the craigslist games. everybody offers 40-60 dollars but nobody shows up. wasted enough time on it. i will throw it on my scrap pile.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Good morning Nate,
The saw you have is what is called a clam shell design. Pro saws have a magnesium frames and lend themselves to re-building. Clam shells are more difficult to work on. Because of this your saw is worth putting some work into, but not a whole lot. I am guessing it will need as you said a fuel line, impulse line, carb rebuild and perhaps an intake boot due to it's age. The bar and chain appear to have seen better days too.
You advertised this as needing only a fuel line. To really know what condition this is in one needs to inspect the piston and cylinder by pulling off the muffler. There should be two bolts that hold this on, it comes off easy. A good P/C should not have any scoring which is straight lines running parallel to the bore and the rings should be clearly visible. If it appears there is a smearing, that is aluminum transfer from the bore and the the saw needs more help than it is worth.
The reason I have told you this is I live in Onalaska and Mabel is farther than I want to drive for a wild goose chase. So If you can pull the muffler off and send me a pic or be honest and tell me what it looks like I will give the $40 I originally offered if the P/C look good.
Ron
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM,
Nate Best to call after 1:30. Thats when I get done at work.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2013 6:26 PM
Could I get you phone #, that would probably make things a lot easier than bouncing back and forth on e-mail.
Ron
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM, craigslist
sounds good. let me know when you want to see it.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: Jonsred saw
Hi I am interested in the saw you listed on Craigslist. I will make an offer of $40 with the condition you allow me to pull the muffler off to inspect the piston/cylinder to insure there is no scoring.
Ron

This is a Craigslist deal I worked on unsuccessfully. This struck me as funny but then the stuff I think is funny is not be others perspective. I will redact the names to protect the ignorant.
Read from bottom up.

Stop contacting me! Have you heard of harassment? Leave me alone or we will have a problem. DUMBASS!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:15 AM
So be it Nate,
A long time ago I learned to never argue with an idiot because they will wear you down with their lifetime of experience.
FWIW, when a fuel line leaks it will also suck air. This in turn will cause a lean condition that in all likely hood will cause overheating and scoring of the piston and cylinder if the operator continues to run it. 2 stroke motors will take a fair amount of abuse, the one thing they will not tolerate is a lean condition. It sounds like you really should throw it on your "scrap pile. It must be convenient to have your own junk yard. But then considering the way this failed transaction has gone, it doesn't surprise me.
BTW, you could hide being a cretin by acquainting yourself with the basics of grammar, i.e. spelling, punctuation and capitalization. Nate there is hope for you though, even an imbecile can serve well as a bad example.
Best wishes,
Ron

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM, craigslist 3588496710 wrote:
yes it ran until gas started leakin out of the fuel line while i was using it. cant see were fuel line goes. i know what i am taking about. i am being honest i just dont want to waste anymore time on it. people like you piss me off. leave me alone i pulled my add. get ****** you lowlife peice of ####
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 8:31 PM
Nate,
I have bought and sold quite a few things on Craigslist and the key to good transactions is people being honest. In good faith I asked you to do a simple thing, (pull muffler and inspect). If you were close I would do it myself.
When you said the only thing that stops this saw from running is a fuel line. I think you and I both know that this is probably not true. Because of that I am not going to drive 100 miles round trip to find what I already have a strong suspicion is true.
So it appears you have two options:
a. Throw it on your "scrap pile".
b. Spend less than 5 minutes and see exactly what condition the piston/cylinder are in and depending on what you find, make your self $40.
Ron
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 3:21 PM,
done with the craigslist games. everybody offers 40-60 dollars but nobody shows up. wasted enough time on it. i will throw it on my scrap pile.
Good morning Nate,
The saw you have is what is called a clam shell design. Pro saws have a magnesium frames and lend themselves to re-building. Clam shells are more difficult to work on. Because of this your saw is worth putting some work into, but not a whole lot. I am guessing it will need as you said a fuel line, impulse line, carb rebuild and perhaps an intake boot due to it's age. The bar and chain appear to have seen better days too.
You advertised this as needing only a fuel line. To really know what condition this is in one needs to inspect the piston and cylinder by pulling off the muffler. There should be two bolts that hold this on, it comes off easy. A good P/C should not have any scoring which is straight lines running parallel to the bore and the rings should be clearly visible. If it appears there is a smearing, that is aluminum transfer from the bore and the the saw needs more help than it is worth.
The reason I have told you this is I live in Onalaska and Mabel is farther than I want to drive for a wild goose chase. So If you can pull the muffler off and send me a pic or be honest and tell me what it looks like I will give the $40 I originally offered if the P/C look good.
Ron
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM,
Nate Best to call after 1:30. Thats when I get done at work.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2013 6:26 PM
Could I get you phone #, that would probably make things a lot easier than bouncing back and forth on e-mail.
Ron

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM, craigslist
sounds good. let me know when you want to see it.
Subject: Jonsred saw
Hi I am interested in the saw you listed on Craigslist. I will make an offer of $40 with the condition you allow me to pull the muffler off to inspect the piston/cylinder to insure there is no scoring.
Ron

I'd say that was hilarious.

Well I guess you learn something everyday. That oak does look like it would a much different animal than the red oak we have here in WI. I still find it hard to believe a hydraulic splitter would have a problem though. It might make the second stage kick in, but the wedge just doesn't stop normally.

Well I guess you learn something everyday. That oak does look like it would a much different animal than the red oak we have here in WI. I still find it hard to believe a hydraulic splitter would have a problem though. It might make the second stage kick in, but the wedge just doesn't stop normally.

Wrong thread I'm guessing?

We've all done that!!

Signed,
Mr. Obvious

BTW, you should see a splitter hit some old-growth Live Oak.

That was what I was responding too. I was incredulous that Live Oak can actually make a splitter stall? Is that true?

There have been a few of them posted in the chainsaw forum lately, For some of you that didn't know, we have a craigslist thread already. Please post them there. Just go to top of page in the chainsaw forum and click on chainsaw stickies and it is in there. It will keep the chainsaw forum a little neater from ads. I will sticky this for a little while. Thanks

Rick

This isnt the ussuall " i saw it on CL " type of post.
the poster discribed an experiance of trying to buy a saw,,the fact it was on CL is secondary..if it was in the newspaper would it be different ?? or from the trading post ??..or over the telephone ??
It belongs in the open forum.
it is an experiance not an observation..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back