Crap!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlankSpanker

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
IMAG0100.jpg Had a Red Oak hung up in some trees today and started working from the bottom. Got about 8 rounds cut, and it seemed as though it would never break free even with some vigorous persuasion with my foot wedge. Right in the middle of the next round it decided to slide. All I could do was stand back and watch the carnage. Oh well, time for a new bar.

What size bar are you needing? You might check Terry's Christmas thread. There are bars frequently being offered. Who knows, Santa may be good to you. :)

60-100 bucks for a new bar verses 500-800$ for a new saw I'll take it, plus you still have your arms and legs I gather. Makes for a good post, factor it into the job or just buy real cheep beer this week. Though I have not done this to a bars yet "knock on wood" so I can't say how pissed I would be. Thanks for sharing.

Hey, ya got nuthin to lose, lay on with a BFH or a press or something.

Know anyone with a bodyshop? I bet someone would like that just as a challenge.

View attachment 318013 Had a Red Oak hung up in some trees today and started working from the bottom. Got about 8 rounds cut, and it seemed as though it would never break free even with some vigorous persuasion with my foot wedge. Right in the middle of the next round it decided to slide. All I could do was stand back and watch the carnage. Oh well, time for a new bar.

No Sir,

I would venture that it is time for a BEER!

As a weekend warrior, I've got the beer thing covered.:p I do have a neighbor with a press, so I'll give him the opportunity to straighten it out, but I'm not holding out much hope. Seems as though the steel in those bars has a real good memory. Still plenty of rounds to split before my next outing, so plenty to do before next weekend. Will let y'all know if it can be straightened. IMAG0092.jpg

I tweaked the facrory Oregon that came with my Dolmar a while back.Nothing to lose so I took a shot at it,turned out pretty well.Keep it and a crap chain around for **** work.

Looks similar to what my boy did to a 5100 a couple weeks ago. Big ash twisted in a big gust. He, however, got the saw too. Still digging mud out of it. Need a a starter pulley, cover, handle, but that's all I've seen so far (plus a bar--it was literally brand new--first cut..and chain). He picked up a Husky 350 for $150 to "fill in" while we assess the damage. He took sachsmo's advice before he sent the pic to me. It looked much worse later in person. Glad he saved himself and tractor.

Back