Crappy bundles for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can do about 45 bundles an hour. The stretch wrap is about $20 a roll and does 140-150 bundles.
All of my bundles are a strong 1 CU FT of splits. I will wrap around 3 times, insert my tag with the required information by the state of Iowa and then wrap one more time. So I am wrapping my bundles 4 times and I always come in somewhere around 120 bundles. Are you using a 1500' roll of shrink wrap? If so do you only wrap 3 times. Are you doing smaller bundles then 1 CU FT? You must be doing something right if you can squeeze 150 out of a roll of shrink wrap.

All of my bundles are a strong 1 CU FT of splits. I will wrap around 3 times, insert my tag with the required information by the state of Iowa and then wrap one more time. So I am wrapping my bundles 4 times and I always come in somewhere around 120 bundles. Are you using a 1500' roll of shrink wrap? If so do you only wrap 3 times. Are you doing smaller bundles then 1 CU FT? You must be doing something right if you can squeeze 150 out of a roll of shrink wrap.

1+ cu ft bundle, about 100 to a cord. Rolls are 12" wide, 2000ft I think.

I use the mesh bags. The kids and I can get about 50/hour, but that's 1 splitting, 2 stuffing, me finishing, and another kid putting them on the pile.

View attachment 535645

Those look like the bags I use...the Red are 2.0 cuft and I pay .15 a bag and then I have the 1 cuft bags that I pay .13. Looks like your red bags have the wide mesh and we had troubles with them breaking easily and breaking down in the sun so I have ones now that have a tighter mesh and last a lot longer (those are the prices for the better bags). We have been toying with the idea of going back to wrapping the traditional .75 cuft bundles and will probably go to that instead of the small bags....but will stay with the big bags because that much wood is heavy and the bags are easier to carry for the customer. The bags burn real nice and most people use it to start the fire

I've seen some pretty sad bundles around here. Unsplit limbs, oak wilt, bass wood. Worst of it is they still sell.....
I am not up with the ways of the US but in France the "In" thing of late is to have some form of Wood Burning stove/fire which they only use on "Special" occasions so they probably think that any form of wood/log will do the trick unlike us "poor old Bu**ers" that have to keep the old bones warm with setting fire to logs To them the wood type, state of seasoning, amount of water content If you talked about this to 99% of the wood burning "yuppys" they would look at you like you were speaking a foreign language. A guy found out I worked for a logging company & more or less demanded I cut up a tree for him on his mates property When I looked at it & told him it was a waste of his money & my time to be told Wood is Wood so whats the problem. When I split a rotten piece off it & all the creepy/crawly livestock put in an appearance he was gone, his wife shrilly telling the worLd she was not having that/them in her house Just musing what the next fad will be BBQ's, Wood burners, & ?????

six dollars for .6 cuft at home depot. Surely I can beat that! Tips for a guy who only wants to sell 1 cord of bundles? Will any plastic wrap work? Gonna advertise on craigs list for the local area I live in. My oak is almost two years seasoned so should be good to go.

Back