Crappy customer service.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AOD

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So this happened this afternoon at Grainger, not a saw or OPE dealer, but it could have very well have happened there.

Boss sends me and another guy to get some new toilet paper holders for a public bathroom. Sounds easy enough.

So I go to the counter and politely ask the guy for what I need. He kind of pauses, looks at me, grumbles something and then leads me through the store to where they're supposedly kept, Nope, They don't even have that sort of stuff out in the store and he should have known that. So then he pulls out his big catalog, goes flipping through it, page after page, saying nothing, then goes to his computer, types, types, types, types, screen after screen, back to the catalog, grumble grumble grumble again, then asks me again what I wanted, I pointed to it in the catalog, he goes back to his computer, grumbles some more, and finally some 5+ minutes later says, well, that's special order, won't be here for a week or so. Now, to me, that's like going to a Stihl dealer and having to have them special order trimmer line. This should be basic, basic stuff for them, and their sales guys should know at least a little bit about their products and not look at you when you ask for something like you're asking for something from NASA. This is not the first time I've gotten bad service from Grainger. I think that company goes out of their way to hire grumpy, disgruntled middle aged men just to make your day miserable. And to think there are smart. competent people who are unemployed and this kludgeheaded jackball is still getting a paycheck, pisses me off.

So this happened this afternoon at Grainger, not a saw or OPE dealer, but it could have very well have happened there.

Boss sends me and another guy to get some new toilet paper holders for a public bathroom. Sounds easy enough.

So I go to the counter and politely ask the guy for what I need. He kind of pauses, looks at me, grumbles something and then leads me through the store to where they're supposedly kept, Nope, They don't even have that sort of stuff out in the store and he should have known that. So then he pulls out his big catalog, goes flipping through it, page after page, saying nothing, then goes to his computer, types, types, types, types, screen after screen, back to the catalog, grumble grumble grumble again, then asks me again what I wanted, I pointed to it in the catalog, he goes back to his computer, grumbles some more, and finally some 5+ minutes later says, well, that's special order, won't be here for a week or so. Now, to me, that's like going to a Stihl dealer and having to have them special order trimmer line. This should be basic, basic stuff for them, and their sales guys should know at least a little bit about their products and not look at you when you ask for something like you're asking for something from NASA. This is not the first time I've gotten bad service from Grainger. I think that company goes out of their way to hire grumpy, disgruntled middle aged men just to make your day miserable. And to think there are smart. competent people who are unemployed and this kludgeheaded jackball is still getting a paycheck, pisses me off.

Angel,

You have been dealt the most unfortunate hand in the game of life of which I've ever heard.

My condolences,

Joat

This forum has gone totally downhill, if we have to wade through pissed
off toilet paper customer rants..............

Or is it just me??????

Or is it just me??????

It's just you. But it could happen the next time you need something very basic from your dealer.

Angel,

You have been dealt the most unfortunate hand in the game of life of which I've ever heard.

My condolences,

Joat

:ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl:

Dr. Joat, thanks I needed that!

AOD, Grainger is a weird outfit. I had to open an account to get oil-hardening drill rod to make air chisel bits for stone carving back in teh day, and they were never very customer-oriented. Actually a pain in the bu†† to deal with. Years later, I had to convince them I still had an account so I could buy respirator filters. Overall I don't think it is worth it do deal with them.....their prices are nothing to crow about either.

If I were you, I'd call "misdeal" and try again.......:greenchainsaw:

:ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl:

Dr. Joat, thanks I needed that!

AOD, Grainger is a weird outfit. I had to open an account to get oil-hardening drill rod to make air chisel bits for stone carving back in teh day, and they were never very customer-oriented. Actually a pain in the bu†† to deal with. Years later, I had to convince them I still had an account so I could buy respirator filters. Overall I don't think it is worth it do deal with them.....their prices are nothing to crow about either.

If I were you, I'd call "misdeal" and try again.......:greenchainsaw:

Yeah, that sounds about right, they're very business oriented and I think they're used to 5-digit sales to big places, not a few things here and there fo the little guys. Plus they won't sell to the public, which I think is lame, they're shooting themselves in the foot on some money they could make. I'd never buy a power tool there, so much cheaper at the box stores.

Pretty off topic, but OP is precisely why I buy all my supplies from McMaster-Carr. Order it, it arrives the next morning. Prices aren't the cheapest, but speed and lack of drama makes up for it. And I've had them beat Enco on stock. Exemplary customer service.

Jack

Or is it just me??????

Why wade through? Test the mud with your toe, then move upstream and find a narrow place to jump across.

Think of this. You walk into a Stihl dealer looking for a gas cap for a newer Stihl, and the guy there grumbles on and on for 15 minutes without telling you much of anything, and then says it's something he has to special order.

My primary job is with the power company, a pretty big one that is in 3 states. I go in there and every time I go in they had to make me a new account. I was like wtf so finally after a bunch of troubles they sent me an e-mail in my company e-mail (no idea how they got it) with a customer number and discount amount so now I keep that in the truck with me.

Plus they won't sell to the public, which I think is lame, they're shooting themselves in the foot on some money they could make.

Where do you get this crap? Grainger absolutely will sell to the 'public.' If you have money, Grainger will sell to you.

Latest posts

Back