Curious about phones?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I leave my phone in the truck.

This is why I won't get a fancy-smancy phone. I miss too many calls if I leave the phone in the truck. Missed calls = missed business. I'd rather have a cheap phone and have it in my pocket with me. Also, I found the smart phones too bulky to have with me all the time. I found myself setting the blackberry down and forgetting to pick it back up. With my cheap phone, it's always in my front pocket unless I'm using it, then right back in my pocket.

You guys should really try strapping it to your ankle. It doesn't get stuck into your ribs or groin or damaged when you bend over something. I use a holster with a belt loop on it and put an elastic strap thru it and around the ankle. Then I attach a mini biner from the bottom of the holster to a shoe string to support the bottom. Been doing this for years and it doesn't get in the way and is retrievable.

It's funny that someone would comment about missing calls=missing business when people are stating that they have 450 minute, 700 minute, 900 minute cell phone plans. How much business could you be doing when you are using that few minutes?

Email really reduces my minutes. I try to do everything by email after the initial phone call.

You guys should really try strapping it to your ankle. It doesn't get stuck into your ribs or groin or damaged when you bend over something. I use a holster with a belt loop on it and put an elastic strap thru it and around the ankle. Then I attach a mini biner from the bottom of the holster to a shoe string to support the bottom. Been doing this for years and it doesn't get in the way and is retrievable.

can you get us a pic of this? sounds like a great idea.

It's funny that someone would comment about missing calls=missing business when people are stating that they have 450 minute, 700 minute, 900 minute cell phone plans. How much business could you be doing when you are using that few minutes?

I agree. That's why I said it. I have had many cell phone bills at 2700 minutes. We have a great local cell phone company here in Mississippi. Cellular South blows AT&T,Verison, etc away for reception in most places plus, my bill is $50 a month unlimited talk/text tax included.

Don't think I can embed this as my right click on the mouse crapped out but here it is....

Glad it works for you but I don't want my phone strapped to the spot where I would bury it in a big pile of saw chips coming out of the chainsaw.

Glad it works for you but I don't want my phone strapped to the spot where I would bury it in a big pile of saw chips coming out of the chainsaw.

Don't knock if you haven't tried it. It has held up for years for me thru many phones and the current military grade phone isn't phased by water either which killed the past ones.

You couldn't conceivably be spraying more saw chips than I do. Not saying I do more work than you but not likely you do more than I do. I am a very high production guy and own a lot of stuff and a very expensive house from just myself and a gm over 40 years. It is tested and proven without doubt.:popcorn:

Even if I only worked one day a week TV, your cheesy setup would be lucky to survive till lunchtime of the first day!

Who do you think you are TV, Maxwell Smart?

Here hold my line while I answer my shoe buddy!

Look at my weeds at the zoo vid again, pay close attention to the vest I'm wearing, and the radios attached to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQOUEdSp3Pk

Been doin the agent 86 thing for a while now huh TV?

jomoco

Even if I only worked one day a week TV, your cheesy setup would be lucky to survive till lunchtime of the first day!

Who do you think you are TV, Maxwell Smart?

Here hold my line while I answer my shoe buddy!

Look at my weeds at the zoo vid again, pay close attention to the vest I'm wearing, and the radios attached to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQOUEdSp3Pk

Been doin the agent 86 thing for a while now huh TV?

jomoco

Figgered a fellow inventir would appreciate a slick invenshun Ralph (Kramden) ....er I mean homoco. Don't need to look at the only big job you ever did let alone the only craner you ever did to see your set up (the ubiquitous "ZOO JOB" lol. We're talkin phones here Ralph not radios. Pay attention damn it!

Don't knock if you haven't tried it. It has held up for years for me thru many phones and the current military grade phone isn't phased by water either which killed the past ones.

You couldn't conceivably be spraying more saw chips than I do. Not saying I do more work than you but not likely you do more than I do. I am a very high production guy and own a lot of stuff and a very expensive house from just myself and a gm over 40 years. It is tested and proven without doubt.:popcorn:

I just don't see my phone surviving when I'm standing on the ground running my 394xp until I can even see my shoes anymore because they are completely buried in saw chips from a big 36" oak log I am cutting up. Maybe if it was under my pants.

I just don't see my phone surviving when I'm standing on the ground running my 394xp until I can even see my shoes anymore because they are completely buried in saw chips from a big 36" oak log I am cutting up. Maybe if it was under my pants.

I don't know what kind of phone you have Scott but other more delicate phones I have had survived being completely buried in saw chips or chipper chips or whatever. Just try it for a day.

At first the holster slid around the elastic strap (that has a cinch loop) so I stitched it to the strap and then it flopped around and fell out a few times so I binered the bottom of it. No chips get into the holster and not much hits the top of the phone (I sometimes put a camera in also) with the cover over it so where do you see the problem? If you have a very delicate phone maybe that is your problem?

I got Treemachine (note fellow inventir, Ralph) sold on it the first time he looked at it but he just uses it for the camera. He didn't believe you could put spikes on with it but I told him I do it all the time.

Latest posts

Back