Cutting a Walnut log

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son in law and I picked it up off the forks on the tractor to see what we thought it might weigh. He thought and I agree with him that it would probably weigh in the neighborhood of 125 lbs. But that is a guess.
I hope you got my last PM.
This is looking good.
Thanks Dean

Walnut log

Got your last message and will try to post pics of the log I will cut your piece from.I,m not at the office computer and I don,t have all the tools on my home comp. to work with so I hope you can open the pics and rotate them to get a pic.The pic of the trailer should not be in there, but oh well. I believe you said you wanted this to be edged, not live edge. And how thick do you want it to be, 4 inches or as near to that as I can get it?

Last edited:
Got your last message and will try to post pics of the log I will cut your piece from.I,m not at the office computer and I don,t have all the tools on my home comp. to work with so I hope you can open the pics and rotate them to get a pic.The pic of the trailer should not be in there, but oh well. I believe you said you wanted this to be edged, not live edge. And how thick do you want it to be, 4 inches or as near to that as I can get it?
This slab will be fine, but square it as much as possible in length & the ends.

The thickness, just as near 4 inchs as you can get

Now instead of shipping, I will pickup it myself on the way up to visit my inlaws in Pa in about 10 days.
If you don't mind us coming by, my wife & I will just have a mini vacation.
The savings on shipping will more then pay for the flying side trip. :greenchainsaw:
I would like to save as much of the heart wood as possible & still get it in a shortbed Ford PU standing up angled across the bed. It gives me around 90 inchs to work with.

Last edited:
Back