Cutting conditions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking the laminated root rot. A couple of varieties that affect different species. Depending on which kind you have tells you what to plant. Mostly is bad in fir and hemlock and the ground is infected as long as there is any fir or hemlock roots in the ground. Takes generations to eliminate. The cure is to plant alder, cedar, spruce. I think I remember there is a variety that infects cedar but never seen that as a problem.

Phytophthora lateralis is the POC root rot. I got a mailing from OSU yesterday about it. They predict %50 mortality on the 'resistant' POC seedlings. I'm within that.

Of all the species I've planted during the last 20 years I see the best results from the doug fir.

1. Poison oak...some years it's not too bad. Other years it's really out to get you.

2. Blackberry bushes...some times acres of them from old ranches and homesteads.

3. Manzanita...pokes you everywhere

4. Buck brush...snake heaven

5. I'm counting snags, anyway.:)

6. Pot plantations.

:agree2: i have the exact same probs except # are sometimes mine :monkey:

No kidding, that's got to be bad. Not enough to worry about the natural hazards, but have to think about snipers, too.

Didn't I hear some dope farmer was shooting at dozer operators during the fires last year?
whta you mean soda complex fire. see the reaon i know about that is because i know the guy that did it (cough(miguel) cough) and i was workin on the fire on my property. in fact my dad reported all the fires in my complex. i am 12 but i helped more than fire boss read a map but got detained by some line workers on my road. "sorry just still pissed at how long it took them to put out the fire" oh wilbilt if youre familiar with the chopper that went down the crew that died stole stuff from my house.

Latest posts

Back