Cutting per customers request

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no worrys,

Take him at his word and cut the length he wants. Give him a chance to prove you wrong. I do it for one guy I have, chances are you won't have to many requests for it. If he screws you, then don't do business with him in the future and try to find another home for the wood, anyone with a outside boiler would take it, even if you had to discount it to move it. Give it a shot, it's only wood.

Just cut it down and burn it your self, and remember, Eric

too bad you're so faraway, got a 24" cord on the yard, custom cut for a guy ,called him , it's ready, sorry i found some cheaper, no more custom without 50% down

:crazy1: 9" wood :crazy1:

I save the shorts to burn in my stove and advertise "chimenea chunks" but I have yet to sell more than 4-5 cubic feet at a time.

I really have to ask what it was they were burning that in. I could see burning it in a wood cookstove. Most, that use one, already have the wood on hand to fuel it.

Our first cookstove was a ca. 1930s Glenco, with the jadite green and cream colored enamel. It was intended to burn coal. It would take a couple 14" sticks but the firebox tapers down from the top and those 9" pieces would've been ideal for them that get tossed in first when refueling.

That routine got real old real quick.

too bad you're so faraway, got a 24" cord on the yard, custom cut for a guy ,called him , it's ready, sorry i found some cheaper, no more custom without 50% down

NO MORE WOOD FOR HIM ! ! ! If Wal-Mart ever gets into the cordwood business we are doomed tryin to sell any.

24" isnt so bad, maybe you can relish in the idea that what he bought burns up quick or won't burn at all and he will be back calling. Then you get to set your price. Explain it was a special order. It was loaded on the truck when he backed out of it and you had to handle the load 2 extra times to get it to him.

I look at firewood as a service, they are paying for my time, storage, equipment and expences, the wood is consequential. Better wood brings a better price because there is more work/storage involved.

we sell large quanities of wood ,the majority is picked up at our yard i try to stay away from longer lenghts as most of our custumers want shorter wood anyway. the 24" went to a true freind who hurt his knee and is on cruthes. alls well that ends well

Back