Damn Husqvarnas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how do you go about do a pressure test on a 550. do you use the plates and the plugs or do you do it another way

Just like any other saw.

I heard they were the best damn saws on the planet to race ... on broken saw day!!! Just kidding guys, just kidding!

They are great saws. The 550XP is one of my favorite 50cc saws.

Every time I see something like this it always pisses me off though.

Like the folded in carb boots I've seen time after time on the 372Xtorq. It's just shoddy QC. There's no excuse for it.

How about using silicone gasket maker? Use a nice thick bead on both sides, then bolt them up. Give it a day to set.

Silicone wouldn't last too long here Roger. I've fixed them with Motoseal though.

This one is missing quite a lot of the seal. Too big of a void for Motoseal I'm afraid. I stole a seal out of one of my good jugs off he shelf.

I saw a weird one the other day at the local shop. A 550 that was sold with the arctic air filter, just that thin screen thing, the "fines" got to it, but now seeing this, maybe...hmm..I am negotiating to see if I can buy the carcass. I couldn't believe they would sell one down here without a real filter on it.

do you have to buy a cylinder to get the o-ring ?

Serious question--If an authorized Husqvarna service shop runs into this problem, do they have to obtain the jug to get the o-ring, or do they access to parts not offered to the general public? I ask because that seems to be an expensive way to go if just the o-ring is needed.

Maybe they just ship the re-designed parts. Which leads back to the first question--Does that require a new cylinder?

Was it a leak you found or did it tear/break upon disassembly?

It was torn up upon assembly.

What were the carb settings at when you plugged it in? :surprised3:

Joe

The low settings were at 79, but the high was only at 80.

Factory is 50 on the low....so it was definitely compensating.

I saw a weird one the other day at the local shop. A 550 that was sold with the arctic air filter, just that thin screen thing, the "fines" got to it, but now seeing this, maybe...hmm..I am negotiating to see if I can buy the carcass. I couldn't believe they would sell one down here without a real filter on it.
My 2260 came with that, dealer for me the correct one, no problem since.

It was torn up upon assembly.

The low settings were at 79, but the high was only at 80.

Factory is 50 on the low....so it was definitely compensating.

Are the seals typically pinched to the point of being cut?
Or are they breaking even if they're properly placed in the channel,
Say in manner that looks like a shrinkage after being installed?
Do they look to have been put in twisted/rolled?
I can see a few "Wings/fins" that look to have been pressed out at some pinched points.

I once spent a little time in a steering gear shop.
We SERIOUSLY finessed any O-rings into place while being damned sure of
No twisting, etc.
Of course, All other seals received their proper fitting procedures too.

Back