Dancing With the Devil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well since I my 2100 is now at Dennis Cahoons I will be posting pictures of Dennis building this Alcohol saw. First shot to start this is a picture of the gasket Dan made. John gave me this 2100, in reality it's a 285. I was under the impression it was a 2100. This gasket was resticting the saw from the start.

Dennis will be sending me pictures every few days so you fellas can see the saw from the ground up being built. The cylinder was cut lastnite and I will have picutes of that to follow.

The new piston and cylinder are at Dennis's shop while the carb is being worked he should have that in a week or two. He also has 3 2100's that he is building right now. Some of my parts will be placed on his saw to insure he is getting the most gains from each.

This all belongs in the <a href="http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=17006" target="_blank">2100 Westward Bound</a> thread.

Mark, I'm not a Dozer Dan apologist (he can do fine on his own) but you're making this sound like (here and in the original thread) like he'd screwed you over.&nbsp; Is your making it sound that way intentional or otherwise?

Let me see if I understand all this correctly.&nbsp; John got some saws, evidently free or very cheap, earmarked one for you, dropped them off with Dan, who looked them over, then gave you yours.

Some of that time-line is conjecture but pretty much covers everything you've said so far.&nbsp; How about the gaps?&nbsp; Did Dan actually make that gasket?&nbsp; Did he put a 285 piston and cylinder on it?&nbsp; Did he do all the JB weld work?

What exactly are you saying here?&nbsp; If you're accusing Dan of something, take the short route.&nbsp; If not, don't implicate him that way.&nbsp; Maybe you're just trying to be diplomatic about it, but it's coming across like fowl excrement the way it's going.

Glen

I think it fits this thread because the Devels disiple is building the saw and maybe Lucifer will file a chain for it and then lets see who wants to dance and as far as the gasket goes I could sh!!!t something better than that I dont know the guy that made that but it would make feel stupid if I got cought with something like that:angry2:

How did I get here?
What is the meaning of life?
How low is down?
What number is infinity?
Am I Fermat?

2100/285
Good gasket/Bad gasket
Excrement/Fecal Smear
Devel/Disiple
Dozer Dans/Dozer Glans
285/2100

Ha ha ha

Originally posted by Marky Mark
First shot to start this is a picture of the gasket Dan made. John gave me this 2100, in reality it's a 285. I was under the impression it was a 2100. This gasket was resticting the saw from the start.

BS. You expect us to believe one of our resident sponsors would put that in a saw? My blind Grandmother could do a better job punching out a gasket! Why in the hell would anybody jeopardize their integrity and cheat on something petty, such as a simple gasket????? Another attempt to ruin somebody? If that's what you really want, why don't you come out and say it?

FMC Hotsaw

I finaly got back the saw I sent to Dennis for a full race 5 cube alcohol saw.
Dennis Tycoon says I am good to go now and after watching me with Tommys saw at Oroville, he says I am such a good chopper that I can get behind anything.
John

chain Race

here is the other part of the stocksaw chain race from fortuna:D

Last edited:
Cahoon didn't want me to give out too many of his secrets, but check out the trick electric start and the high velocity intake.
Thanks Dennis,
John

more stock saw racing. this is Jim Taylor from Redding Ca.

Last edited:
Back