Dayummm old Stihl won't run

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He says it won't start, hmmmmmmmm

attachment.php

Here's one you see all the time. When someone says it ran fine last week and this week I can't get it to start always check the muffler, especially on trimmers. Seems the mud dobber just loves to make a home in them. Another 5 minute fix and get that thing outta here..

This is getting much more common..

attachment.php

This fuel hose looks fine. No cracks, no nothing on the outside or inside that you could detect with the naked eye. Is it really a good fuel hose, lets see.

attachment.php

Well I'll be dayummm, hose is no count. It folds up under vac. This type of fuel hose can drive a user and tech insane. Only way to test such a hose is under vac. This hose will cause a saw to go lean and sometimes shut the fuel off completely. Remedy, pitch it, the hose, not the saw,LOL

Opps, forgot to say why its more common nowdays. That corn/gas blend on the market today is no freind to fuel hoses.....

Last edited:
attachment.php

Local Dr. took this 025 in to local Husky dealer and the quote was 180.00 to fix...They said it would not run because it needed a new carb....

I was happy to replace the fuel line for him and out the door he went....:) :)

attachment.php

Local Dr. took this 025 in to lacal Husky dealer and the quote was 180.00 to fix...They said it would not run because it needed a new carb....

I was happy to replace the fuel line for him and out the door he went....:) :)

Good job!!! That hose wasn't caught by the tech and yet its the first thing to check for, good job,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'll be dayummm, hose is no count. It folds up under vac. This type of fuel hose can drive a user and tech insane. Only way to test such a hose is under vac. This hose will cause a saw to go lean and sometimes shut the fuel off completely. Remedy, pitch it, the hose, not the saw,LOL

Hmmmm, is that valid for all rubber fuel hoses or just the newer Stihl ones....

Nope, those are worn grooves from alot of use, changing many chains and never bothering with the sprocket. Now I get to change it for him and he's gotsa payyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy now,LOLOL 5 minute job, pay for the sprocket and get it outta here will be the bill. I will include a lesson on check your sprocket once in awhile for free,hehe

dayum, that is like taking candy from a baby!

:clap:

Hmmmm, is that valid for all rubber fuel hoses or just the newer Stihl ones....

If its rubber it doesn't like corn lased fuel. Take a fuel hose and submerge it in corn lased fuel mix for several months and watch what the hose does Belgian, might says the hose gets horny,LOLOL, it swells and then gets soft,LOLOL

:)
If its rubber it doesn't like corn lased fuel. Take a fuel hose and submerge it in corn lased fuel mix for several months and watch what the hose does Belgian, might says the hose gets horny,LOLOL, it swells and then gets soft,LOLOL

we only have real (expensive, or better outrageously expensive) fuel over here ! Saves on rubber hoses apparently

Let me add another pet peave that I no longer tolerate. What is it with people that carry their garbage into the store, and ask you to throw it away? I don't mean when somebody finishes their coffee, and then asks to get rid of the cup. That's fine. But when they just bring in empty cups or wrappers and hand it to you, that's BS. Clean out your car when you get home, moron. We just had a guy come in with a hot dog wrapper with the end of the hot dog in it. "I have a potty mouth"!

There now, I feel better.

Let me add another pet peave that I no longer tolerate. What is it with people that carry their garbage into the store, and ask you to throw it away? I don't mean when somebody finishes their coffee, and then asks to get rid of the cup. That's fine. But when they just bring in empty cups or wrappers and hand it to you, that's BS. Clean out your car when you get home, moron. We just had a guy come in with a hot dog wrapper with the end of the hot dog in it. "I have a potty mouth"!

LOL, getem Spike. I sometimes mop my floor, go up front and get the buffer and wax it. Then here comes some construction guy with wet mud all over his shoes claiming his concrete saw needs a new filter set. I look down at my nice shiny floor and GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. He goes whats wrong, not a thing I say, what model is the saw, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

:)

we only have real (expensive, or better outrageously expensive) fuel over here ! Saves on rubber hoses apparently

Good for you. Gas overhere is worse than its ever been. Dayumm stuff is causing problems in cars as well as small power equipment. Nasty stuff!!

Cheer up guys, it's friday night and the olympics just started today. If you have people coming into your shop, you get all the characters you can imagine. I feel sorry sometimes for gas stations that have to cope with people unloading their trash from the car and dump it there. Fact of doing business I guess. And it will not get any better in the future.
That's why we need to teach our children right.
niters boys !

You just have to convince Stihl to start making silicone hoses!

I love it!!!! I would rep you if I could!!!!!

I feel sorry sometimes for gas stations that have to cope with people unloading their trash from the car and dump it there. Fact of doing business I guess.
niters boys !

At Four bucks a gallon for that crap? They are lucky I don't bring all my houshold waste there! Along with any construction debris I can find along the roadside.:cry:

right now I'm paying 1.15 for gas.I have a natural gas car it's a civic gx. I drive 120 miles round trip to work for around 3 bucks.

Latest posts

Back