Dead Ash

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3314....I did a muff mod. It screams pretty good. It wont do giant stuff but I dont have a splitter or a huge stove so it does everything I need it to. I got a 50cc/20" craftsman but its junk. The little poulan will outrun it. It doesnt run right. It tries to cut out and doesnt run consistently. I tried to tune it but it didnt make a difference. I would guess an ignition issue but I havent looked into it very deep.

3314....I did a muff mod. It screams pretty good. It wont do giant stuff but I dont have a splitter or a huge stove so it does everything I need it to. I got a 50cc/20" craftsman but its junk. The little poulan will outrun it. It doesnt run right. It tries to cut out and doesnt run consistently. I tried to tune it but it didnt make a difference. I would guess an ignition issue but I havent looked into it very deep.
Nice.
I have an old husky 142 which is a poulan and it has cut a lot of wood. First "name brand" saw I ever had, although it's just a homeowner saw. I ran it till the muffler bolts came out and hogged out the holes the bolts go into and then it blew the exhaust right off. That saw would still fire right up.
Then I bought a 346, quite the upgrade.

It also last for a long time.

To the OP:
I would not leave ash dead standing long as it will get punky in all the wrong spots. If I did I would only do it in areas where having them fall would not be an issue.

Just me ranting on:
My favorite fire wood is black locust, which has the smaller rose type of thorns not like the honey locust which has the long ones. Some trees have them and other don't, but as they get older the bark will cover the thorns on the black locust. These are the only varieties I am familiar with.
You can find a black locust on the floor of the woods and do a plunge cut into it and have sparks flying it's so hard. That's on a log that has been lying there for 20 yrs, don't expect that from ash lol.
I don't sell any black locust as that goes in my personal stash pile and gets used for the coldest days. Today I gave the neighbor 2 bucket loads of ash uglies and shorts and some that was a bit punky.
This is for those who might say I am just not familiar with ash lol.
Here's a load I got yesterday, all split up and on the for sale pile except the second largest log which is cut to rounds and will get split tomorrow :).View attachment 525566View attachment 525568View attachment 525570
What kinda trailer is that? Does it always bow when loaded? The first picture it is severely bowed. It kinda funny if you get it for free. . .otherwise I would let the manufacturer see that first picture. Not trying to offend just putting it out there. I have a similar trailer with 2 3500lb dexter axles and have loaded a lot more logs than what you have with not bow or deflection what so ever.

What kinda trailer is that? Does it always bow when loaded? The first picture it is severely bowed. It kinda funny if you get it for free. . .otherwise I would let the manufacturer see that first picture. Not trying to offend just putting it out there. I have a similar trailer with 2 3500lb dexter axles and have loaded a lot more logs than what you have with not bow or deflection what so ever.
It's aluminum and the one log had a huge curve in it that was bowing it, because it was only touching on the front and back of the trailer. It was bowed pretty bad, for all I know I have a cracked frame, if you look close you will see the top rail is not connected on the front couple uprights either which popped loose on that trip (do you weld aluminum :)). The trailer was not meant for work, but play and is not taking the continual heavy loading I do with it as well as pulling it 3-4 days a week, I am running on bald tires already if that tells you how much I run it. It is a 2015 continental trailer that I bought used from an auction. The company who was selling it had overloaded it and that's why they were selling it. I never went and looked at it and now I'm paying a bit more for the trailer. Quite a bummer as I used an aluma brand trailer for 2 years prior with no problems that was a 6.5x12 and I wanted to upgrade to haul my tractor and more wood.1455131552778.jpeg

Latest posts

Back