Dealer says 441 M-Tronics are junk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The real problem with technology is we have lost a lot of the hands on inventive skills that made the world what is today. Do no get get me wrong some technology is good. What happened to the days when some frustrated person went to the garage and came up with a new tool. We have lost the thing that makes us human a brain. What happens when some solar flare fries 90% of the electrical appliances,a lot of people will go nuts.

The real problem with technology is we have lost a lot of the hands on inventive skills that made the world what is today.

What Internet site did you borrow this line from? How you you suppose that technology gets developed? Dreams? Osmosis? Divine intervention? It is driven by people with ideas that build upon proven platforms that are constantly being refined. Once again, you lack the cognitive skills to understand the processes that you always seem inclined to comment on.

Do no get get me wrong some technology is good. What happened to the days when some frustrated person went to the garage and came up with a new tool.

Happens every day, except the garage has been replaced by a laboratory and the tools have become far more advanced.

We have lost the thing that makes us human a brain.

Based on your ramblings here I would concur if this was a personal assessment. However, do not lump those individuals who understand and embrace technology gains with your stone age brothers.

What happens when some solar flare fries 90% of the electrical appliances,a lot of people will go nuts.

I guess our new 441M-Tronics will be one of the few things that work.

Your lack of understanding of the world around you and how it interrelates is embarrassing. Please try to refrain from interjecting senseless dribble into what has been an intelligent discourse.

What Internet site did you borrow this line from? How you you suppose that technology gets developed? Dreams? Osmosis? Divine intervention? It is driven by people with ideas that build upon proven platforms that are constantly being refined. Once again, you lack the cognitive skills to understand the processes that you always seem inclined to comment on.

Happens every day, except the garage has been replaced by a laboratory and the tools have become far more advanced.

Based on your ramblings here I would concur if this was a personal assessment. However, do not lump those individuals who understand and embrace technology gains with your stone age brothers.

I guess our new 441M-Tronics will be one of the few things that work.

Your lack of understanding of the world around you and how it interrelates is embarrassing. Please try to refrain from interjecting senseless dribble into what has been an intelligent discourse.

Hey brother, I see you have been on the offensive in a lot of threads with HBRN, I'd prefer if you'd just ignore him in my thread if he bothers you.

Thanks! :)

New technology isn't all bad. Thing is that even your plain old saw from a decade back has a microprocessor inside of the coil. So does your lawnmower. Engines with points & condensor = no microprocessor. Engines without points & condensor = microprocessor. Yea, the older stuff is easier to work on. I've spent many rainy, cold evenings sitting by the road with a file and a matchbook filing and setting points in an old 72 Ford pickup. My computer controlled Toyota has never left me stuck. In fact, it's easier to work on than many of the older vehickles. If you have the right tool, your vehicle will even tell you what part to replace.

Stihl used to tell us at the dealer meetings that they were doing a voluntary 10-year replacement manufacturing window. Husky goes even longer, up to 15 years on some models.

Stihl has been providing excellent service in that regard, no doubt about that. I am quite impressed with the amount of parts still available for the older Stihl models, although this service comes at a price. I can't really vote for husky in that department ; my local husqvarna dealer has never heard or seen a 181 or 288 last time I talked to him :msp_rolleyes:. But I am not sure if that policy will still be the case a few years from now ; if the Stihl family decides to go public and installs one of those fancy managers, you know the kind that rule our banks in europe, that may change in a hurry, LOL.

Some are suggesting that those who don't drink the M-Tronic coolaid (yet), are against progress, LOL. My son thinks that way also because I don't have an Iphone yet. Marketing is there for a reason and mostly to blind the eyes of the fools who gave up thinking themselves.

If there's a real added value in M-Tronic at a reasonable cost, I'll be the first one to buy it. But I am not in a hurry:msp_smile:.

Last edited:
If there's a real added value in M-Tronic at a reasonable cost, I'll <snip> buy it. But I am not in a hurry:msp_smile:.

Same. For someone like me, it doesn't exactly make sense to sell my 066 and 064 to fund a 70cc M-tronical saw when I burn as much fuel in a year as some of you guys do in a week....on the flipside, I could easily do everything I needed to do with a two saw plan such as a 461Mtronic paired with a 40-50cc jobber...

Hey brother, I see you have been on the offensive in a lot of threads with HBRN, I'd prefer if you'd just ignore him in my thread if he bothers you.

Thanks! :)

:agree2:

He sure does like to harp on a subject, carries on and on like a broken record.

Stihl used to tell us at the dealer meetings that they were doing a voluntary 10-year replacement manufacturing window. Husky goes even longer, up to 15 years on some models.

Same with us I've always heard 10 years.
But to be honest most common stuff, on popular saws is still easy.
I rarely have problems, getting parts to service 031's, 028's, 041's that still commonly
come through the door.

Latest posts

Back