Death Cookies (Plowing)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is at the 4000 foot elevation. The highest unit is the only one that can be logged this time of year what with wildlife restrictions keeping the other units shut off till July and September. We skiers call the smaller version of thoses packed up balls of snow Death Cookies because if you run into a solidly frozen one (I have) it can be unpleasant. I stopped and backed out at this point, the Chevy was having difficulties chugging up through the now packed concrete snow. I got stuck up here last July and had a coworker come up and winch me out.

The snow is left on the road instead of going down too deep and plowing all the aggregate off the road. A D-8 was sitting and dripping at the intersection lower down.
attachment.php

not real good at skiing but me and a buddy who is, hit up jackson hole very late march early april 97'targhee was claiming 480"that year,anyways we hit some steeps far right top of jackson and it was cookied out with three to four inchers that ended up making me gasp for air more than once...yup not too fond of those:cry::dizzy:

Latest posts

Back