deere saw sold at home depo.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
a while back hd was loading there shelves with deere saws.
anybody know who made these. i just assumed they were a green homelite.
deere had just bought homelite at the time. this was several yrs ago.
in any case ,, im wondering if these were the efco saws, deere now sells.
if so i really missed out by not getting one.

mite have been 5 yrs . u get my age its hard to keep track. i just remember the hd shelves being full of deere saws . rite beside them was the homelites and the pretty much looked like the same saw,as i recall.

It was really closer to 2 years ago, but you see the point. I doubt HD would sell anything that nice now:)
Andy

i was just wondering ,how many folks are buying those saws used ,thinking they are efco saws. seems to me that could be misleading . mite put a bad taste in a fellars mouth ,if he thought he was buying efco and got the junk homelite was putting out. oh well buyer beware.

The worst thing of it is when I tell people that Efco makes Deere saws now many respond, "Yeah, I knew that 'Echo' has made those saws for years,"

Efco sounds too much like Echo and they both make/made saws badged for John Deere. It gets to be a tough one to explain because nobody's heard of Efco so the next thing is, "well who makes Efco, looks like a Domar or Husky, I bet they made it." No, Efcos are made in Italy. Sometimes if I explain that they used to be called Olympyks than they get the picture. But, if they've never heard of Olympyk, well thats when I give up.

My understanding is that the 62cc version is the "cream" of the Emak crop, and that the other sizes are more so-so .....

Back