Deming Log Show - Deming, WA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djauto

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

For anyone that wants to make a little trip this weekend, the annual Deming Log Show is this Saturday and Sunday, June 14th and 15th. It is a non profit event to help injured loggers and theor families.

http://www.demingloggingshow.com/Deming Logging Show Weekend.htm

Lots of logging and saw exhibitions & contests, I am sure a few or more AS members will be competing. A fun weekend for the family and easy to get to when it's 5 miles from you house like mine!

Maybe a trip report sunday night when I get home.

Sadly I won't be competing this year and my V-8 has been retired...

I won't make it up to the show either... first time in almost 15 years...

Rotax Robert will be there with the Predator... The Buckley boys (Barry and Danny) with the Binford will be there... so watch out Robert...

It's a good show if anyone close to the area can go... you should.

:)

Gary

The memories!

Oh, how the memories come flooding back with the mention of the Demming Log Show...

Lots of fun had by all. I haven't been there in about 15 years. I guess the the statute of limitations is about up by now. :givebeer:

Does Claudette still sing there?

Wow, Friday night had its share of rukkas :D Some dude going off punching people and lots of noisy drinkers haha. Good times.

Todays show was good and we got really lucky with the weather!
A couple of the world champ tree climbers were there again this year. It's crazy how fast they climb up and down those logs.
Winning time was 21.8 seconds.

My finance's father still holds the record for cable splicing :)

Last edited:
Pics

attachment.php

The arena Best load judging.
attachment.php

Some nice hot saws. Couple nice gals run that Harley.
attachment.php

Lil operating gas engine cat for the kids.
attachment.php

The saw I dont own but wish I did.
Fun time unfortunately Rotax wasn't there last minute scheduling problem.

Gee, that last saw, I think I almost walked into it on Friday when it was sitting on the floor at Woods.

Oops, I missed this thread....i done put up two.....:cry:

and I missed ya, cedarkerf....

so here's what i posted elsewhere...

Link to a 90 photo slide show:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbtree/sets/72157605624133618/show/

Here's a slideshow from last year
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbtree/sets/72157600346914317/show/

If you don't want to view the whole show, just click on the link to go to the photo set, where you can choose individual photos.

A few teasers...

The Eager Beavers.........hungry for action!!
2581397528_f9d7fdb704_o.jpg

The other Harley team trying to knock over the protection wall with one heck of a roostertail of chips!
2580569011_b5609b3ccb_o.jpg

Standing block chop action:
2581390950_86ae047901_o.jpg

Trevv Rainey, on his way to his 3rd straight All Around Logger title:
2581389288_36827de200_o.jpg

World number 1 Brain Bartow leading number 2 ranked Wade Stewart up the 90 foot pole....time up and down 22.7....Wade's first climb in a couple years after an injury.
2580553855_ef6b805382_o.jpg

Dad Steve Bartow performing his extremely entertaining high wire act.
2580557667_24dd45c7a9_o.jpg

Last edited:
Mntngal and I will be there will be tracking down Rotax sorry well miss ya Gary were going saturday.

BLAST! i gotta get my act together... i didn't realize there was a show so close... and i coulda seen you & Mntngal!!! Blast! Blast! Blast! I'm glad ya'll had a good time...

i gotta do a websearch to find shows in the area... any info from the those in the know is appreciated!!!

BLAST! i gotta get my act together... i didn't realize there was a show so close... and i coulda seen you & Mntngal!!! Blast! Blast! Blast! I'm glad ya'll had a good time...

i gotta do a websearch to find shows in the area... any info from the those in the know is appreciated!!!

Ya also missed Sequim....

I'd take first dibs if they wuz offerin'......

The gal in blue is all your'n...:dizzy:

Back