Dennis G.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have noticed that about John too he does'nt reply to any emails or PM's I have sent him for a while....How are my chains doing up there John..Shoot me a PM or email me to let me know whats up

Thanks Rob.

Hello all worried about Mr. Greffard,
Has anybody heard anything about how Dennis is doing. I talked to him last on friday and was watching the weather channel this morning and it showed what a battle they are having up their in B.C. right now with the fire. I am worried about those people up that way there seems to be no rain or relief in sight. Holler back if you hear anything, Wade

Dan,
I didn`t take Doug`s remark as being pointed at you. I thought he was commenting on John`s message and general attitude at that time. I could however be wrong, seems I`m constantly in need of a calibration.

Dan, Rob,
Now that Gypo is in a bush somewhat regular and he is running a few Stihls, his "white finger" is aggravated to the extent that he can no longer type. I have been told that as therapy he is soaking them in cider every night, which also leaves him in no condition to type.

Russ

Last edited:
Stihl Magnum,
It appears at times as if Crash Lambert is to good to reply to us American loggers. He just seems to move to the beat of his own drum. I still like him though.... lol. Take care and hoping he will be in contact with you soon, Wade

Russ,

Hey I hear you there on the Cider soaking thing sounds like a JL tradition up there in the Canadian bush logging all that Maple an Cherry..After a long day in the bush I dont really feel like typing that much either so I guess I cant blame him..

Wade,

Maybe it is us American loggers although I highly doubt that :D He definetly enjoys doing his own thing which is good,I dont have any problem with that whatsoever..I still like good ole' Lambert he's a good guy either way..Just wish I would hear from him more often..Keep up the great work Lambert Logging

Thanks Rob.

Yes Jacob,
soaking one`s head in cider is always a good idea to take the steam out of a fella, but I don`t know about the deer tick thing, in fact sometimes there is a reverse sharing of parasitic insects that one needs to be wary of. In this case, soaking in Quell cream is recommended. :D

Russ

I just got off the phone with Dennis and not much has changed. Phones are still not working most of the time, no internet, fire is still burning, no power, and no services in general. And no, still no saws being shipped. It sounds day to day as far as whats going on and when it might be better. Hope for the best and Dennis said he would contact us when he could.

Paul

Dennis,

In all seriousness I hope you get better soon..So you can get back to enjoying life other than bed :rolleyes: I will now be bed ridden for the next few days myself,well sitting anyway I learnedmy lesson about logging in downpours this morning I backed up to a hitch of Hemlock and when I climbed down from the skidder my right foot fell in a hole and twisted on a wet branch and made a painful POP sound,so needless to say I messed up my ankle pretty good it was pretty tough to get my boot off by the time I got back home..

Atleast the swelling has gone down a little but man is it throbbing...I hate when that happens.Hope you get well soon man

Rob.

I had a message from Dennis at the office this morning wanting me to tell you all that he's taking care of business, but Ken had gotten through to him on Friday.

Jokers is correct about my questioning John's mood. There are things that I care less about than who's doing what to who's saw, but not many.

I guess I took JL's comments as ribbing; kinda like when you call your buddy a bad name or two, then laugh and slap him on the back. Sorta like a hug, only not "icky"

And, I took Doug's rip on JL's comment as sorta the same...we know they're close, so Doug probably feels comfortable tappin' Gypo like that, knowing JL will just roll with it.

But I'm wrong about just about everything else, so....

Anyway, I'm thinking positive thoughts for DG and his neighbors pinched between the fires.

Hello all, I talked to Dennis yesterday, things are serious, he has no power and the town of Barrier, just West of him burned to the ground, 6000 pop. Two large sawmills totaly cooked. Dennis has generators. Evacuations are commonplace. It's the worst fire in B.C. history. Dennis is faring ok, he has grit and things will be fine.
Sorry, I havent been answering pm's, my email is frapulated.
Been real busy in the woods, the kd 385 is so fast that the trees no longer piss their roots, they now submisively jump off the stump and walk right out of the woods and hop on the truck all by themselves, and why wouldn't they?
Rob, chains are on their way.
John

Hi Dan, the picture doesn't really do the cutter justice, but cuts like crazy. The point looks much sharper in real life. Sure it does John, sure it does.The macro, blows it up alots. My square chains look more round from the side, cause I dont grind much off.
John

Dont worry about Dennis, the fires are'nt that close to him. The only reason his phone dont work is the fact that he ran my Rotax Hotsaw so far into the ground that he cut his own phone-line. Been trying to call him myself, infact I have called him many things since.

Hey John,

It's good to hear that Dennis is fairing the illness and the fires well,hopefully it will be all over as soon as possible..You must feel good to get back into the bush with the 385KD and start to make some green gold piss it's roots riight off it's stump..Thanks for the info on the chains I did'nt want to be a pain in the a$$ I was just wondering what was happening with them..Keep in touch and thanks

Rob.

John
You have to remember that people in Pa are "weird" and weird people can be darn slow.
Later
Dan

Hey Ryan, cut any more "Willocks" lately? I gotta give you credit for having the cajones to post that pic as your avatar. :D

Russ

Thanks for the reports on fires around Dennis. Don't want to tie up his phone (when it is working) and we don't get news from up north here in California. We are all thinkin' about ya Den.
Good Luck !! - C

Latest posts

Back