Detailing a chainsaw ,the official PSP thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . .is any of this stuff good for polishing? the second pic is a bunch of stuff that came with a toolbox I picked up, all looks abrasive.
Polishes are usually just a fine abrasive - use succeedingly finer grit, until things shine. The rouge that you charge your buffing wheels (photo on the left) with can cut material, or polish it. The Scotch-Brite 'Roloc' discs (other photo) come in a range of grits. I use some variations of these on garage sale finds to remove rust, and on depth gauges and drive links to profile and remove burrs.

http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...nding-and-drive-link-deburring-wheels.284866/

Philbert

Now that Dr John has diagnosed. Am I in the right thread for treatment?
John, yes you're in the right thread, as most of the posters here are either nuts, butts, rears or queers. Lol
Just as an after thought,when you guys polish your turds, try to pick it up by the clean end.

I was afraid of that. [emoji20]
Well, at the least, need a new muffler, bar, chain, buff down, sharpen, and repaint the bucking spikes, then you could go for sort of a middling color for the plastic. Maybe a metallic sparkle purple like I saw someone do to their saw at a GTG. :D Or just go nuts, sandblast the colored surfaces, prime it, then do a neon orange/safety orange. Not the usually orange, but a painfully LOUD orange like this. http://cdn.styleforum.net/3/3c/3c98526d_Brightorange-redrosehead.jpeg

Or best of all, do the ultimately STUPID redneck thing. Paint the chainsaw with a camo color scheme. :D
Oh yeah, those will NEVER get lost in the woods
11280346_1643876669181544_76418782_n.jpg

Well, at the least, need a new muffler, bar, chain, buff down, sharpen, and repaint the bucking spikes, then you could go for sort of a middling color for the plastic. Maybe a metallic sparkle purple like I saw someone do to their saw at a GTG. :D Or just go nuts, sandblast the colored surfaces, prime it, then do a neon orange/safety orange. Not the usually orange, but a painfully LOUD orange like this. http://cdn.styleforum.net/3/3c/3c98526d_Brightorange-redrosehead.jpeg

Or best of all, do the ultimately STUPID redneck thing. Paint the chainsaw with a camo color scheme. :D

Looks pretty badass!

Hey I aint to proud to admit that sometimes I need help rubbing my junk properly, we are all here to learn :)
IMG_1195_zpszt0h5ge8.jpg
IMG_1197_zpskaonktkx.jpg

is any of this stuff good for polishing? the second pic is a bunch of stuff that came with a toolbox I picked up, all looks abrasive.

Pro Tip: if you run used fryer oil as bar oil it makes your saw smell like French fries or freedom fries as we called them for about a month that one time France pissed us off.
:laugh: Dem Dirty Dubblets Dave!
Some 'Members' have real dirty entendres
Oh right! speaking of dirty 'members', @Jon1212 , Yes Jon the Blister cream was for me..lol (TMI)
German Herpes from being to close to a Stihl you say ? Interesting . My Mechanic friend (John) actually said I gave it Herpes? And I'm like, "YEAH...what do you know about it!

Wtf did you do to those saws ?

Ya , but have they been to tenughsee ?

Any lil' stickers ?

Vroom Vroom
No stickahs in da woods ,(not Hoods) they just don't last out there they tell me with stickahs on them .i tried to explain ,they just need to use 60 dollar a quart oil at 16 to 1 and they be ayyahite .

Latest posts

Back