DHT vs Oregon wood splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never owned or used an Oregon brand splitter, so I can't compare the two, but I have been very Happy with our 27 ton DHT splitter.

We got one of the last ones that had some bad teflon paste sealing the hydraulic fittings, and DHT had the local John Deere dealer reseal all the fittings, when I was talking to their Customer Service dept, I asked about getting a spare tire/wheel, because we tow ours a lot of miles, they sent me a tire/wheel already loaded with bearings as well, No Charge.

DHT Knows what Customer Service IS.

The 196cc 6.5hp Koehler engine on ours has been VERY Reliable, we are on our third season with it now, it has given us ZERO Trouble and starts Easily every time.

I would buy another DHT splitter without Hesitation.

Doug :cheers:

I have never owned or used an Oregon brand splitter, so I can't compare the two, but I have been very Happy with our 27 ton DHT splitter.

We got one of the last ones that had some bad teflon paste sealing the hydraulic fittings, and DHT had the local John Deere dealer reseal all the fittings, when I was talking to their Customer Service dept, I asked about getting a spare tire/wheel, because we tow ours a lot of miles, they sent me a tire/wheel already loaded with bearings as well, No Charge.

DHT Knows what Customer Service IS.

The 196cc 6.5hp Koehler engine on ours has been VERY Reliable, we are on our third season with it now, it has given us ZERO Trouble and starts Easily every time.

I would buy another DHT splitter without Hesitation.

Doug :cheers:

Good to hear of your experience with the kohler engine.I haven't had any experience with them for years but years ago there was no better small engine.

Back