Did anyone notice the prices that they get for the Husk 55 ranchers on Ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive used those before and i think they are awesome ..possibly one of the best saws for its size and just feels good and has torque..but thats my opinoion...

also, some of those saws are practically brand new...

I like both mine, I was just thinking about selling one to fund/get another saw maybe the dolmar 5100 my 7900 needs a little sister....LOL

correct me

ok so i had the wrong saw in mind. wasn't trying to ruffle any husky feathers.:) my apologies.

lets see if i have this straight now. concerning the first number in husky saws:

no number in front i.e. 55 = good saw
first number is a 1 = bad saw
first number is a 2 = good saw (older pro saws?)
first number is a 3 = good saw (current pro saws?)
first number is a 4 = bad saw
first number is a 5 = jury is still out on these (new epa pro saws?)

is this fairly accurate? be nice to know for future refernce.

ok so i had the wrong saw in mind. wasn't trying to ruffle any husky feathers.:) my apologies.

lets see if i have this straight now. concerning the first number in husky saws:

no number in front i.e. 55 = good saw
first number is a 1 = bad saw
first number is a 2 = good saw (older pro saws?)
first number is a 3 = good saw (current pro saws?)
first number is a 4 = bad saw
first number is a 5 = jury is still out on these (new epa pro saws?)

is this fairly accurate? be nice to know for future refernce.

Yes and no.
There are a few 1 series that are good saws, Troll knows the models I don't remeber, bu not many.

About all of the 2 series saws where good runners.

There are a couple of turds in the 3 series, but for the most part very good.

The 460 seems to shine in the 4 series as a good bang for buck saw, but they are scarce!

The jury is still out on the 5 series, but that is what they will all be going to eventually.

It's very confusing, the "XP" denotes a pro saw except the "XX" saws. The 353 is built like a pro saw, but not labled as an XP, the 359 is the same way.

There are NO pro saws in 4 series as far as I know.

The 570 and 575 are built like the MS290-MS390 and 6400 and 7900 saws. It's the same crank case with a different jug and carb on it. So they are both built like a pro saw, but the 570 isn't labled as so.

Good and confused? Clear as mudd?:monkey:

Yes and no.
There are a few 1 series that are good saws, Troll knows the models I don't remeber, bu not many.

About all of the 2 series saws where good runners.

There are a couple of turds in the 3 series, but for the most part very good.

The 460 seems to shine in the 4 series as a good bang for buck saw, but they are scarce!

The jury is still out on the 5 series, but that is what they will all be going to eventually.

It's very confusing, the "XP" denotes a pro saw except the "XX" saws. The 353 is built like a pro saw, but not labled as an XP, the 359 is the same way.

There are NO pro saws in 4 series as far as I know.

The 570 and 575 are built like the MS290-MS390 and 6400 and 7900 saws. It's the same crank case with a different jug and carb on it. So they are both built like a pro saw, but the 570 isn't labled as so.

Good and confused? Clear as mudd?:monkey:

clear as brown crystal. so, did i nail the part where i guessed that 2 series used to be the pro line?
also, 5 is going to be the new pro line?

Latest posts

Back