Did I get a good deal? (Stihl MS362) ;)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 3/4, you can throw some pretty big stuff in it. I don't really care for how heavy it is to handle, she's real beefy !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's 3/4, you can throw some pretty big stuff in it. I don't really care for how heavy it is to handle, she's real beefy !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a new 5/8", and then a lightly used 3/4" off here.

I see you are doing negative rigging with it: no issues?

Nice score. If you want to run a 28" occasionally, I think it'll do just fine. If you find yourself wanting more saw, you have a good saw to trade towards a 70+cc saw.

Ideally I would have loved to have found a 461. My "big" saw right now is an old Poulan Countervibe 4000. It is a great saw - back when Poulan made them in America. 65cc, powerful and capable of running as big of a bar as i'll typically need (28"). I normally keep a 20" on it though. Not a crazy amount of chain speed, but reliable and powerful, albeit a little heavy. Biggest drawback is parts aren't available for that saw. The 362 is now going to take some of the load off of the 4000, but what I'd really like is to have a quality >70cc saw when I need to cut something really big. I just don't need one so badly to shell out over a grand for a new one. I'll just keep my eyes open for another deal :)

I saw that ad to and it was intriguing. I was in the market for a 361 specifically though because I did not want to mess with the MTronic if I did not have to. Improvement or not, I am used to the old style and if I don't have to mess with new technology.....yet.....I won't.

For that price though, I think you did real good. I found a 361 down in Brunswick for 350 and could not get the guy to meet up with me and then bought one off here for a bit more. You should be happy with it.

The 193 looked enticing too. I can borrow those from work when I need to though.

I saw that ad to and it was intriguing. I was in the market for a 361 specifically though because I did not want to mess with the MTronic if I did not have to. Improvement or not, I am used to the old style and if I don't have to mess with new technology.....yet.....I won't.

For that price though, I think you did real good. I found a 361 down in Brunswick for 350 and could not get the guy to meet up with me and then bought one off here for a bit more. You should be happy with it.

The 193 looked enticing too. I can borrow those from work when I need to though.

Yeah man it was way out in the middle of nowhere. Super nice guy and he gave me all the warranty info on it (even though it's out of warranty - good to know which dealer he bought it from and know it's not stolen or anything like that) he wanted $500 but he was moving and was negotiable. I could tell it hurt him to take such a huge hit on a saw he barely used but it is what it is.

I know what you mean on the M tronic. It had me a little nervous at first but the more I use it the more I like it. It seems to be getting stronger and stronger as it breaks in.

Back