diesel fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

380LGR

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anybody got any tips on this new ultra low sulfer fuel,got to get some more power. My little 380 needs some help. Thanks

Anybody got any tips on this new ultra low sulfer fuel,got to get some more power. My little 380 needs some help. Thanks

i assume you are talking about a 380 Timberjack? what motor? Cummins? if you are talking about the fuel that i think you are then it is a soy based fuel. it will knock all the crud loose out of your fuel system and motor. make sure u have plenty of fuel filters handy and change the oil more often. This fuel will also jell up at a warmer temperature than regular fuel.

I would stick to regular off-road diesel fuel.

Up here off road is the new low sulfer 15ppm no go fuel. I would like to run biodiesel just as expensive as reg fuel when you can find it. I got the cummins 5.9 with bigger turbo and 215hp injectors.

No, he's talking about the new 15ppm sulfur Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel, compared to the old 500ppm Low sulfur diesel.

The problem is the stuff has no lubrication to it at all. Injectors are taking a beating with the stuff, along with a bunch of other parts like pumps.

I don't trust the fuel at all. It killed my last Cummins. Busted an injector and burned a hole through the #5 piston. Now I ALWAYS run with 2-stroke oil Super-Tech marine outboard oil from Wal-Mart). Put in 1oz per gallon... Its hard to mix from the gallon jug, but you can put it in 12oz bottles and then you know exactly how much is going in.

You could always run Howes, Power Service, Stanadyne, etc. The best you can get is B5 Biodiesel... Its an excellent lubricant and solvent. So, you will need to change the fuel filter a bit more often for the first few thousand miles, but after that your fuel system will be like new. 2 Stroke Oil won't stir anything up, but its not as good a lubricant either. Of course that doesn't matter if you can't get B5.

None of this stuff will add any power however, if thats what you're looking for. You'll need to add fuel via the injector pump in order to get more power, if its an electronic engine you'll need a programmer.

I have tried everything all the snakeoil additives. The best so far is mixing 1 gal of hydr. oil to a tank,about 50 gallons. I keep hearing about some cures but nothing rock sollid yet.

Up here off road is the new low sulfer 15ppm no go fuel. I would like to run biodiesel just as expensive as reg fuel when you can find it. I got the cummins 5.9 with bigger turbo and 215hp injectors.

you've got 215 hp and your looking for more??? you must have tim "the tool man" taylor syndrome!! ha ha. what are you pulling that you need more power? turning wide tires?

you can never have enough!! I got L28s so i skirt across the mud patties. I went from 145 to 215 and you would not believe the better fuel consumption. I would only get about 200 tons per tank pulling whole trees now i get 240-250 tones because i dont have to floor the poor old girl all the time,just got to rest my big toe on the peddle. You should see what we did to the L10 cummins in the log truck.

you can never have enough!! I got L28s so i skirt across the mud patties. I went from 145 to 215 and you would not believe the better fuel consumption. I would only get about 200 tons per tank pulling whole trees now i get 240-250 tones because i dont have to floor the poor old girl all the time,just got to rest my big toe on the peddle. You should see what we did to the L10 cummins in the log truck.

OO..i can amagine. i run deere skidders myself. are you cutting all pulpwood? cutting with a processor?

cutting pulp wood mostly and log lenth firewood with a hand full of logs. pulp wood worth more than logs now,this is not good. but cant afford to stop. I work a whole tree skidding(grapple skidder) to a landing loader with a pull thru delimber and a 60 inch slaher. What series deere you run(model series) i had deere dont like the direct drive. plus there to complicated hyd. wise had way to much fun with there stupid piston pumps.

cutting pulp wood mostly and log lenth firewood with a hand full of logs. pulp wood worth more than logs now,this is not good. but cant afford to stop. I work a whole tree skidding(grapple skidder) to a landing loader with a pull thru delimber and a 60 inch slaher. What series deere you run(model series) i had deere dont like the direct drive. plus there to complicated hyd. wise had way to much fun with there stupid piston pumps.

i around several skidders. i run a multitude of deeres, anything from a 440A, 440D cable, 540B cable, 540B graple, 540D cable, 548 GII, 540G cable, 648D,

lately ive been running the 540B cable and grapple. never had much trouble with any of them really.

I have over 20k hrs on my 380 my deere 648D had about 15k and it had to go. you still able to move wood in your area?

don t like the cable thing LOL im currently trying to put a T40 winch in the machine. I have gone 6 yrs without one maybe i can go a little longer the way thing are going now.

Grounds a little to ruff were i work for grapples plus the goverment land won't let them i the white pine stands.And white pine is about the only logs we can sell right now

The canadian mills are screaming for pine now,just cant get any trucks to back haul the wood,cant move it.

just outside of albany ny half way between mass and albany

Latest posts

Back