difference between husky and jonsereds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chugbug

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if this is true or not and there is enough saws out there to check if we want to ,but I heard at some point the huskys and jonsereds came through with different carbs. !!! My brother asked a local logging crew about the saws they preferred , there keep around 30 saws on hand all the time . The story goes that they always had huskys until the day came to replace a bunch of them and the husky dealer wouldn't budge on a quantity deal ( same price for one or 10 , so they went with jonsereds and had alot of trouble starting the saws when they were hot , and thats where I wondered if some had different carbs. on them because Iv'e never heard of the huskys having a starting problem . Anyway they got so frustrated with the jonsereds they ended up with stihls . Any thoughts , I'm trying to start another saw war , just wondering about the carbs.

Was the logging crew 3 men or 30. Did they use Jonsered 2050 s or 2171 s or? Opinions can be thrown out of proportion, and and their operators out with them. Jonsered is a good saw if maintained correctly. Just like any other brand of saw. As far as carburetors, Jonsered or any other saw manufacturer do not make their own carbs to my knowledge so if a Jonsered has the same carb as a similar Husqvarna model is irrelevant to me. Husqvarna and Jonsered are nearly the same and I hold generally high respect for both brands of saw. If you have never heard of a Husqvarna not starting we can start a war on that topic as well. To conclude, I would still take a Jonsered over a Husqvarna, its just the colors.........since my coffee is cold now, not to be continued!:agree2:

They have 30 saws on hand , not sure how many men , but they cut some big right of ways , just wondering if they did use different carbs on corresponding saws at one time . Like say the 359 and the 2159 same carb?????

Think of them as Honda and Acura. Husky is the Acura.

I beg to differ sir. Jonsered is the Acura! ReD and BLaCK ReD and BLaCK...........he he

Number 1 Jonsered 2045 2050 625 630 630V 670C 670S 670S
2065 X 2
Number 2 Husqvarna 254xp 257 346xp 357xp..Virgin 61R 61 Slovenia 261
STiHL 041 AV 045 AV
Echo 500VL I L i k e em all! :jester:

They both come from a wonderful family, they are role models for other saws, I would trust either with my woodburner.........As amatter of fact, I used a Jonsenred last night. OK enough fluff to soothe brand/color loyalties:

* is there a production difference that would explain the hard start in the Jonsereds.........

*or is the observation simply wrong and was based on random comments

Anybody familiar with both production lines to answer the original poster?

They have 30 saws on hand , not sure how many men , but they cut some big right of ways , just wondering if they did use different carbs on corresponding saws at one time . Like say the 359 and the 2159 same carb?????

You can find different carbs on the same saw from the same company. In some cases it changes from year to year, but I have read that Husky put Walbro WS carbs in their 61 saws when they had trouble getting a supply of Tillotson carbs. What I haven't read is anyone finding a huge difference between the 2.

I found no difference in the Tillotson or Walbro carbs on my Husqvarna 61 saws. Maintenance is Key. Both function well. I was amazed to find the Zama carbs operate fine in my experience as well although made in Ch..a. I suppose good things can come from anywhere in the world.:popcorn:
Jonsered is more like a Hummer in my mind! Get the picture guys......

IF there was a problem with the saw, it was probably just typical EPA over-lean tuning. Husky sells alot of black and red saws every year. If there was a notable problem with starting, I think they'd address it pretty quickly. The tree company probably should have given the dealer a chance to make it right.

Sounds like they need to learn how to tune and run their saws, instead of blaming it on the manufacturer. Anecdotes like this one always annoy me, some idiot who forms an ill-founded opinion and then shares it with all who will listen...

You can find different carbs on the same saw from the same company. In some cases it changes from year to year, but I have read that Husky put Walbro WS carbs in their 61 saws when they had trouble getting a supply of Tillotson carbs. What I haven't read is anyone finding a huge difference between the 2.

Yup...my 385XP was purchased in 2008 and it has the Walbro carb. Previous models had the Tillotson carb.

JQ

I'm not sure why you would call the man an idiot , he is trying to run a business , and make a living at it , if his men are all frustrated using the equipment then he has to do something to get things rolling again . I had heard sometimes jonsereds and huskys come through with different carbs. and thought maybe that was there problem .I'm considering a jonsereds as I type this and wouldn't let that one story stop me . It would be frustrating on the job if they had trouble getting them started , the thing is they don't have the time to mess with them like alot of us would , time is money .The story wasn't meant to downgrade jonsereds , I was trying to find out if corresponding models had different make carbs. Sorry for the confusion .

I'm not sure why you would call the man an idiot , he is trying to run a business , and make a living at it , if his men are all frustrated using the equipment then he has to do something to get things rolling again . I had heard sometimes jonsereds and huskys come through with different carbs. and thought maybe that was there problem .I'm considering a jonsereds as I type this and wouldn't let that one story stop me . It would be frustrating on the job if they had trouble getting them started , the thing is they don't have the time to mess with them like alot of us would , time is money .The story wasn't meant to downgrade jonsereds , I was trying to find out if corresponding models had different make carbs. Sorry for the confusion .

I wonder who tuned those saws, and which model they were?

Back