Dilemma

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you had "money to spend", which would it be?

• MS 661

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • AR-15

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters
Whelp, I guess it's going to be neither. My wife just told me our renter's are breaking contract so I have to ensure I have plenty saved in case I can't get another renter within the next two months. That and I'll have to pay for some minor repairs and cosmetic touch-ups to make the house more appealing for potential renters.

Maybe next year....

Judging from past history, ARs won't be banned. There will always be a work around. As someone else already mentioned, a stripped lower is a pretty cheap insurance policy if you wanted to go that route. A complete lower is less hassle if you don't feel the need to assemble something. 80% lowers with the new ATF guidelines are a total pain unless you're sitting staring at your own milling machine :rolleyes:, borrowing the use of your buddies is now technically illegal.
Ammo bans, remember AR15s typically shoot 5.56 or .223 Win ammo. These are common rounds in multiple firearms not exclusive to AR15s. It won't be banned. What MIGHT be banned or restricted is M855, which is the steel tip bullet. Frankly it sucked anyway for most people, but it was/is cheaper than M193 the all lead bullet. That's due to the military contracts buying so much M855 that companies have invested in the equipment to make those projectiles faster and cheaper.

Judging from past history, ARs won't be banned. There will always be a work around. As someone else already mentioned, a stripped lower is a pretty cheap insurance policy if you wanted to go that route. A complete lower is less hassle if you don't feel the need to assemble something. 80% lowers with the new ATF guidelines are a total pain unless you're sitting staring at your own milling machine :rolleyes:, borrowing the use of your buddies is now technically illegal.
Ammo bans, remember AR15s typically shoot 5.56 or .223 Win ammo. These are common rounds in multiple firearms not exclusive to AR15s. It won't be banned. What MIGHT be banned or restricted is M855, which is the steel tip bullet. Frankly it sucked anyway for most people, but it was/is cheaper than M193 the all lead bullet. That's due to the military contracts buying so much M855 that companies have invested in the equipment to make those projectiles faster and cheaper.
My cousin and I finished a 80% with the jigs you can get anywhere and a dremel. You'd never be able to tell the difference. Does great.

You know, you're right. I did poorly represent that. 80% lowers are very possible. With the fixtures. However technically if you shared a drill press. One of you needed to be a licensed manufacturer. Well that is if the lowers were completed in the last 4 months or so. As for not being able to tell the difference, I'd respectfully disagree. Does that mean they wouldn't work or even be an inferior product, not really. It's very possible you completed the job well. But as we are talking about my profession, I'm good at what I do, I can spot non factory work pretty quickly (please read non-factory for what it really means as in work not made in a production environment. I look at guns all day, everyday. I often repair previous repairs.

I poorly stated that. I ment couldn't tell the difference to the normal person haha. I even cleaned and polished all milled out bits.

Returned from my extended "vacation" and was able to save some money (easy to do when you can't really buy anything).

I decided on a Daniel Defense V11. Pics to follow as soon as my dealer lets me know when it's ready for pick-up. I'll see how much the dealer charges for the front and rear back-up sights and extra mags in stock before I purchase them on-line.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I figured that I can get a 661 later as I already have two saws and the 661 is overkill for now.

Back